• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shanghai - Nanjing Road girls

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flippyot
*I can not recommend traveling enough. It's an amazing experience and will open your eyes to new things in this world (good or bad). ...

Some parts of Paris should not be ventured at night due to roving gangs of children/young men (12-24) that dress in dark clothing and will have a young member of their gang come out and get your attention some how (taunting or crying). When you approach the guy that's when the others descend out of the shadows and will beat the daylights out of you. Offering them money is no good. They'll just take the money and kick your ass anyways.

Best way to avoid these places is to get some information about the areas your going to go visit through your embassy in country and asking a few of the locals. I find churches and food vendors are the most informative.

On the topic of Paris, I noted this recent documentary:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I've never been to Shanghai, but I have a dense Canadian friend here who got scammed hard his first several times in SH. First time, he spent 100 USD on a ******* taxi to get to his accomidations, next he lost 2000 USD to a hooker scam. I'd say he deserved it since he's a complete color wolf whore monger.

flippyot

Reaction score
BankerBoi;3790674 said:

Yeah. It's bad.

I was out drinking with some Aussies and a little kid came walking down the street and was swearing at us and calling us names. I didn't give a **** until the two Aussies took it personal and were about to go after the kid when I noticed movement in the shadows of doorways and behind cars. I want to say there were anywhere between 12-15 of them waiting for us to mess with this kid. We left and started weaving our way back to a more civilized part of the city.

The next day when I was telling my buddy at the US embassy about it and it was then he decided to inform me about that little problem.

Again, have fun in your travels, just be aware of the problems you might run into.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BankerBoi

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

What pieces of ****. Does France need some old guy to bust caps in six kids on a subway too?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chomeo
normal to fall for it once. just hope that they didn't **** your atm card. there are places like that in district 1 in Saigon but mostly for drinks. girls will pull you in and force you to drink a $20 beer.

Hell, they run that scam in America too. Chat you up and have you order them an overpriced drink. Strippers do it and clubs hire hot chicks to do it as well.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I've never been to Shanghai, but I have a dense Canadian friend here who got scammed hard his first several times in SH. First time, he spent 100 USD on a ******* taxi to get to his accomidations, next he lost 2000 USD to a hooker scam. I'd say he deserved it since he's a complete color wolf whore monger.

WTF is this?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This **** makes me laugh because in America everyone one of those kids would have a tech 9.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
flippyot;3791857 said:

Yeah. It's bad.

I was out drinking with some Aussies and a little kid came walking down the street and was swearing at us and calling us names. I didn't give a **** until the two Aussies took it personal and were about to go after the kid when I noticed movement in the shadows of doorways and behind cars. I want to say there were anywhere between 12-15 of them waiting for us to mess with this kid. We left and started weaving our way back to a more civilized part of the city.

The next day when I was telling my buddy at the US embassy about it and it was then he decided to inform me about that little problem.

Again, have fun in your travels, just be aware of the problems you might run into.

Another recent documentary (things are REALLY bad):

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can't wrap my head around the motivation for acting like that. I can understand muggings etc, but those idiots are just going around acting like assholes and hurting people for no reason.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I can't wrap my head around the motivation for acting like that. I can understand muggings etc, but those idiots are just going around acting like assholes and hurting people for no reason.
It's a videoclip. Gavras also directed one about red heads getting "ethnically" cleansed, are you going to start shouting about the horrors of red heads elimination? The video I posted is also a music video. It's not because some dude says "documentary" when he posts it that you have to interpret it as such. I hate to break it to you but Michael Jackson never had a run in with zombies.... BTW all the clips posted have something in common; they were produced by members of the KourtrajmÃ
00a9.png
collective which often plays on fears of the suburbs.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
It's a videoclip. Gavras also directed one about red heads getting "ethnically" cleansed, are you going to start shouting about the horrors of red heads elimination? The video I posted is also a music video. It's not because some dude says "documentary" when he posts it that you have to interpret it as such. I hate to break it to you but Michael Jackson never had a run in with zombies....
Meh... with all the stupid **** on the net how am I to know whether it's real or not? I can't be bothered to check. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that people are actually acting like that. It seems to be getting worse, but maybe it's just because information gets out faster and to a wider audience these days... My little cousin got jumped by a roving gang for no reason at all though...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Meh... with all the stupid **** on the net how am I to know whether it's real or not? I can't be bothered to check. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that people are actually acting like that. It seems to be getting worse, but maybe it's just because information gets out faster and to a wider audience these days... My little cousin got jumped by a roving gang for no reason at all though...
errr 1) there's electro music matching the action 2) it says "directed by Romain Gavras" (the son of Costa-Gavras) 3) They're wearing jackets with the Justice logo 4) Justice is an extremely well-known electro duo on Ed Banger records (one of the label at the forefront of the recent french house revival, created by Daft Punk's former manager Pedro Winter/BusyP) In other words, yes, if you're clueless you could interpret it as a documentary but all the signs point to it not being one. Did you actually think they'd show a sound mixer catching fire in a documentary? BTW the clip, like many other Gavras clips, created quite a lot of controversy. Not sure there would be a point in posting articles cause I'm not sure I could find one in English.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
errr 1) there's electro music matching the action 2) it says "directed by Romain Gavras" (the son of Costa-Gavras) 3) They're wearing jackets with the Justice logo 4) Justice is an extremely well-known electro duo on Ed Banger records (one of the label at the forefront of the recent french house revival, created by Daft Punk's former manager Pedro Winter/BusyP) In other words, yes, if you're clueless you could interpret it as a documentary but all the signs point to it not being one. Did you actually think they'd show a sound mixer catching fire in a documentary? BTW the clip, like many other Gavras clips, created quite a lot of controversy. Not sure there would be a point in posting articles cause I'm not sure I could find one in English.
Why would I know anything about any of that? I'm a professional nerd that listens mostly to classical music. I can read french btw but I honestly don't care enough.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Why would I know anything about any of that? I'm a professional nerd that listens mostly to classical music. I can read french btw but I honestly don't care enough.
Well some of the points have to do with having watched the video, which you obviously did since you had an (uninformed) opinion on it. You're probably familiar with some of the KourtrajmÃ
00a9.png
(verlant for court-mÃ
00a9.png
trage) people thoughl Mathieu Kassovitz who directed La Haine and Vincent Cassel who starred in it, among other films, and is married to Monica Bellucci. You might even know about Parisian hype members and electro-rap act TTC though that's a longshot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads