• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF vs. AAF

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I think the 2 fora are essentially the same, now that the riff-raff have been shafted over to the Streetwear forum
devil.gif
Panzer

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
ernest used to be on AAAC .  I think he found us too boring.
That's the one key advantage that SF holds - ernest.. Does j have him on contract? Maybe Andy should get someone like manton on contract - or that dandy wildcard grayson?

Panzer

Kaga

Reaction score
You know why we've been getting only Fu Manchu and Charlie Chan roles in movies until recently? Â Fear of the Asian man's prowess. Â That's right ernest. Â You heard me right Â
wink.gif
If my memory serves me correctly, the Forum has been down. I am glad to see that it has been restored. LAGuy-san, I had a comment in the Movies thread similar to what you posted. Are we thinking in the same direction?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(faustian bargain @ June 02 2005,16:20)
Originally Posted by LA Guy,June 02 2005,15:42
... Fear of the Asian man's prowess.....
prowess = female prow
Nice. I don't understand what the hell you're talking about, but nice.
yeah i dunno what it means either. it sounds vaguely insulting though. and i formatted it like ernest, i hope that didn't pass unnoticed.
thumbs-up.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ June 02 2005,15:42) You know why we've been getting only Fu Manchu and Charlie Chan roles in movies until recently? Â Fear of the Asian man's prowess. Â That's right ernest. Â You heard me right Â
wink.gif

If my memory serves me correctly, the Forum has been down. Â I am glad to see that it has been restored. LAGuy-san, I had a comment in the Movies thread similar to what you posted. Â Are we thinking in the same direction?
Hai Kaga-san.

bch

Reaction score
I have enjoyed both for more than year now. Over that period, one or the other has had material I find more interesting, and I'd miss either one if it were gone. It seems that AA has become a little more fragmented, or "clique-ish", of late, e.g. the American Trad thing. And the whole WASP thing over there has left a bit of sour taste in my mouth since it smacks of elitism. But I'm sensitive that way. SF seems a little more laid back, down to earth, and has a better sense of community, at least for now.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't find the sites alike at all. I admit though I've only been over there twice in the last few years- the lack of decent hosting, layout, etc. for years turned me off for good.

I also find many of the posters over there ridiculous- a whole lot of 'I am a sartorial genius, and you're not so there' attitude. There is no contest between the 2 IMO...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also find many of the posters over there ridiculous- a whole lot of 'I am a sartorial genius, and you're not so there' attitude. There is no contest between the 2 IMO...
Hahahaha, YES. There are so many posers on AAAC that pretend to know absolutely everything there is, but most of them end up to be fat and old guys who can't dress to save themselves.

And you wonder why discussions on "trad" are so popular there. I hate the word "trad" now. TRAD TRAD TRAD HLARLHLGHG.

But my original move from AAAC to the SF was for two reasons:

- Better loading times
- No marc grayson

I am loving the streetwear forum.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I like SF because it tells me about the great sales in NY. I'm new to all this stuff and the Paul Stuart sale was great - even though I missed the first day of the sale and everyone on this board was saying to drop everything and go to the sale.

I got a nice pair of Jodhpur boots from it even though it is the most expensive pair of shoes I own. In retrospect I should have also gotten the side laced Alpines but at that time I thought they were weird. Now I like them.

I'm sure I'll see forum people at the JM Weston sale this weekend.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, YES. There are so many posers on AAAC that pretend to know absolutely everything there is, but most of them end up to be fat and old guys who can't dress to save themselves.
And I hear they beat their wives too.

Let's save the invective, please. I've had no cause to believe the members of AAAC to be anything other than what they say they are. One could easily make the same points about the excessive devotion to European clothing and spotty claims about some of the members of SF.

Kaga

Reaction score
One could easily make the same points about the spotty claims about some of the members of SF.
I am wounded.

Eumenes fraternus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff,June 02 2005,16:52
Hahahaha, YES. There are so many posers on AAAC that pretend to know absolutely everything there is, but most of them end up to be fat and old guys who can't dress to save themselves. And you wonder why discussions on "trad" are so popular there. I hate the word "trad" now. TRAD TRAD TRAD HLARLHLGHG. But my original move from AAAC to the SF was for two reasons: - Better loading times - No marc grayson I am loving the streetwear forum.
Interesting. Â This just confirms my opinion of Style Forum as the equivalent of a junior high school cafeteria food fight while AAAC is like a graduate school seminar. I'm sure Alias has met so many of the posers of AAAC in person that he knows them to be fat and old. Â Care to name names oh mighty all knowing Alias? I thought not.

bch

Reaction score
(Alias @ June 02 2005,17:00)
Hahahaha, YES. There are so many posers on AAAC that pretend to know absolutely everything there is, but most of them end up to be fat and old guys who can't dress to save themselves. And you wonder why discussions on "trad" are so popular there. I hate the word "trad" now. TRAD TRAD TRAD HLARLHLGHG. But my original move from AAAC to the SF was for two reasons: - Better loading times - No marc grayson I am loving the streetwear forum.
Interesting. This just confirms my opinion of Style Forum as the equivalent of a junior high school cafeteria food fight while AAAC is like a graduate school seminar. I'm sure Alias has met so many of the posers of AAAC in person that he knows them to be fat and old. Care to name names oh mighty all knowing Alias? I thought not.
And you registered with a new name to tell us this? Or are you a new contributor? If the latter, welcome aboard.

dorian

Reaction score
(Eumenes fraternus @ June 02 2005,17:23)
Originally Posted by Alias,June 02 2005,17:00

Interesting. Â This just confirms my opinion of Style Forum as the equivalent of a junior high school cafeteria food fight while AAAC is like a graduate school seminar. I'm sure Alias has met so many of the posers of AAAC in person that he knows them to be fat and old. Â Care to name names oh mighty all knowing Alias? I thought not.
And you registered with a new name to tell us this? Â Or are you a new contributor? Â If the latter, welcome aboard.
No, someone who deemed it necessary to act like a buzzing insect - but not with his regularly used name on AA and SF. Pretty lame, in my estimation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads