• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Denied Again

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
One of the judges is a female fashion editor named, Nic Screws.

I'm full of useful facts like that.

- B

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm full of useful facts like that.

- B

good to know

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
He looks so douchey. Like hes got a trap door in his house that leads to a secret stash of Ed Hardy and trance music.
Come on man ... he doesnt look douchey. the hate for the EBDRM winners on SF needs to end.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...an-2010-winner Was a great ride, and I wouldn't have felt bad about losing to any of the finalists...and really enjoyed being put in the same company as those stylish guys, particularly w.o.e. Thanks to SF for helping me learn SO much about what the hell I'm trying to do (with still more, lots more to learn). This really is a great place. I will start my, "I should have never entered Esquire BDRM competition" thread shortly.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Always the bride's maid, never the bride. I don't know how i'll ever walk the halls of SF with my head held high again.
confused.gif
That said, I've spoken with Angel, and he really is a great guy and well-deserving. Thanks again for the support. It's certainly been an interesting few months. ~W.

you guys are true gentlemen - classy in defeat. this is my early entry warning ... i'm going to climb Mt. Everest for SF next year.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Come on man ... he doesnt look douchey. the hate for the EBDRM winners on SF needs to end. you guys are true gentlemen - classy in defeat. this is my early entry warning ... i'm going to climb Mt. Everest for SF next year.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

I sort of agree with Spoo. His style isn't very inspiring at all. It's the typical douche uniform in Miami. There's nothing creative about his color scheme (ONLY dark colors) or choice of clothing at all. His fit is good but that's about it. Woe had way better entries imo.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
I sort of agree with Spoo. His style isn't very inspiring at all. It's the typical douche uniform in Miami. There's nothing creative about his color scheme or choice of clothing at all. His fit is good but that's about it.

Woe had way better entries imo.

His style isnt inspiring? Douche uniform? Then i guess most posters on SF are douches.

Give the man his props. if he was an SF regular, we would all be celebrating his success and victory.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His style isnt inspiring? Douche uniform? Then i guess most posters on SF are douches. Give the man his props. if he was an SF regular, we would all be celebrating his success and victory.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Name one bold color scheme or style he dares to challenge? The other challengers used a myriad of other clothing items and color schemes and patterns. It's well fitted and nice stuff but you can't deny he played it safe with simple colors that most guys can pull off. Nothing intriguing, exciting or inspiring (except for maybe his glasses). Let me be clear why I think it's douchey: it seems like he's trying to wear a power suit no matter where he goes.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Name one bold color scheme or style he dares to challenge? The other challengers used a myriad of other clothing items and color schemes and patterns.

It's well fitted and nice stuff but you can't deny he played it safe with simple colors that most guys can pull off. Nothing intriguing, exciting or inspiring.

Let me be clear why I think it's douchey: it seems like he's trying to wear a power suit no matter where he goes.

True - he doesnt show a lot of versatility ... but i dont think/know if that is the aim of the competition. Much like most WAYWRN posters, he probably takes pictures regularly, and selected his best 10 or w/ever for the competition. I believe everyone enters this competition to win it (at least i would only enter if i wanted to win) ... so why not showcase your best?

I would hesitate to say those 10 pictures are a true representation of his personality.

But lets agree to disagree. This is about him winning, and how classy the SF reps are in defeat. Lets keep it as that
cheers.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
The Functional Pocket Square

"I'm very into the function of the suit; I use every aspect of it. I have a suit on most of the time, and especially being in Miami, I normally don't perspire much in my body, but I perspire a lot in my head. I use my pocket square to wipe the sweat."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...#ixzz0yqC3l300

I just about gagged. I hope he gets mildew in his suit from that.
facepalm.gif

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True - he doesnt show a lot of versatility ... but i dont think/know if that is the aim of the competition. Much like most WAYWRN posters, he probably takes pictures regularly, and selected his best 10 or w/ever for the competition. I believe everyone enters this competition to win it (at least i would only enter if i wanted to win) ... so why not showcase your best? I would hesitate to say those 10 pictures are a true representation of his personality. But lets agree to disagree. This is about him winning, and how classy the SF reps are in defeat. Lets keep it as that
cheers.gif

Versatility really should be part of the competition but that's not up for us to decide. I don't have a problem with him as much as the judging criteria in that regards. However, I do still think that suits should complement the situation one's in and it appears that he also fails to do that by always picking power suits. Either way, you're right SF reps are classy in defeat and in my opinion, was a honor to make the top 5. I'm new here and I really don't have any allegiance to anyone so I am not trying to be bias but I really think the other 4 contestants showed their breadth of style much better as you can seemingly picture them in all sorts of different scenarios, all dressed well. You can only picture the winner showing up to work and clubbing; that's it. On a side note, niidawg, shame you didn't participate, seen some great entries from you!

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have to add, that as a direct result of my recent loss, I feel an overwhelming urge to splurge on something SF-approved. I don't know if its revenge, a need for vindication, or just the coping mechanism of an addict.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WOE and NYR, will you still be on tv?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
I also have to add, that as a direct result of my recent loss, I feel an overwhelming urge to splurge on something SF-approved. I think its just the coping mechanism of an addict.

FTFY

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats on reaching so far, that is still great.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butter's Most Versatile Bold and Not Douchy Best Dress Contest 2010.

I actually agree with NDawg about the SF hate for this.

That being said, I think you are right. He didn't show any versatility at all in his pictorial. I think even Foo showed more, which speaks volumes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads