1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF at Claridge's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pembers, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Pembers

Pembers Senior member

I just watched part 3 of the (excellent) BBC documentary series on Claridge's hotel. Part of it was about the wedding of a guest who's also a well-known SF member. I hardly ever post here and don't know the guy (Whnay?), and am just posting because I assume others share my idle curiosity; and in order to recommend the programme, which is beautifully directed.

Congratulations, Bill Nay! You've clearly conquered the financial and romantic spheres. Having said that you do need to cultivate a loucher response to large, nicely-decorated hotel rooms.

2. (Shepherd's)Bushman

(Shepherd's)Bushman Member

I was watching too and found myself thinking I recognised a certain SF member renowned for his love of Rubinacci.....

Congratulations, whnay!

3. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

me too, probably linked with the London trip thread

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I was only half-watching the programme and must admit doing a bit of double-take when that segment started. I was most amused to note that almost the first words he said in his interview were "Harris Tweed", "knit ties" and a lament that you couldn't dress for dinner in the States. It was just like reading SF. [​IMG]

I have to admit thinking that a number of elements of the various interviews/footage were not necessarily edited in the most friendly of ways (the whole segment had a clear subtextual angle to fit the story the editors wanted to present) but that's what programmes do and par for the course when you opt to take part in them I suppose.

Anyway, it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. And looked smart doing it, which is the most important part, naturally! [​IMG]

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

i need to check it out...

6. (Shepherd's)Bushman

(Shepherd's)Bushman Member

Funnily enough, it must have been months since I last looked at SF, and the London trip thread passed me by. Let's just say I'm relieved I was watching TV alone when I exclaimed "isn't that :foo:?". :)