• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sergio rossi shoes quality?

thomas7610

Reaction score
I saw this pair of suede wintip derby at zappos.How's the quality? I've done the research and find nothing about how it stands.So I guess I can get some information from you shoe experts.It does have clearly bevelled waist.But I don't know what construction it is.Good year welted?I know maybe it is overpriced.But is it still a decent shoe?
confused.gif

http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.c...&ref=multi-pic

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair a few years ago and didn't like them. The style, which I really liked, was a brown leather with a single buckle and about as high as a desert boot. After wearing them, I wasn't at all impressed with the quality of the leather or the construction. They weren't very comfortable and they began to look "trashed" rather quickly. It was probably my worst expensive shoe experience.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I bought a pair in March, seem to have lasted ok but don't feel quite as substantial as my Edward Greens so I don't take them out nearly as much either.

I would buy them for the style which though hit and miss, can be extremely good sometimes.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i don t know about quality now, but their lines from 2006 and prior were very good.

i paid 300 for mine back in 2005.

if quality and style is still the same anything 300 or less is a great price if you are looking to get a pair.

Thanks. I noticed some on Yoox in the $200-300 range (ankle boots), but only the blacks seem to be in my size. Usually I'm an 8 (sometimes 7.5) UK and a 9 US...

By the way, if you happen to like their stuff, look at the ones on Yoox (hell, on there, they may very well be from the 2006 lines and prior, lol).

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i dont know about yoox, every time i buy something from them, something seems off. like it is not a regular brand line, but was made for yoox or something. i had to return alot and i dont buy from them again.
also stuff like ,advertising sartoria parma caruso suits when they are actually fluo (some complaints of that here)

so dont be surprised of the shoes arent what you expected, i dont know what they actually carry.

the sergio rossi shoes i bought were marked in US

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i dont know about yoox, every time i buy something from them, something seems off. like it is not a regular brand line, but was made for yoox or something. i had to return alot and i dont buy from them again.
also stuff like ,advertising sartoria parma caruso suits when they are actually fluo (some complaints of that here)

so dont be surprised of the shoes arent what you expected, i dont know what they actually carry.

the sergio rossi shoes i bought were marked in US

Thanks for the tip. Usually I only buy stuff from them that I know really well from prior experience, and can identify. When I find great prices on stuff like Acne jeans or Prada shoes I'll pull the trigger there because usually I've already seen and liked the item in person, but just thought the price was out of control.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads