• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Buzz Rickson USN Chambray Shirt

Starting this week we'll be stocking Buzz Rickson in our online store, the fall line is being kicked off with this new shirt from the Fall 2008 season, the Buzz Rickson US Navy repro work shirt made of indigo chambray. A great fit just like what we'd normally expect out of the Buzz Rickson line along with amazing construction.

Every original and distinctive styling feature from the 1940's has been reproduced, including true, hard-wearing chambray fabric that beautifully fades to light blue with age, reinforced shoulder yoke, dark blue selvage edges, bakelite-style dish buttons, double-stitched seams for superior strength and even authentic labeling.

Available now in our online store and in-store:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=78

IMG_0781-1-791294.jpg

IMG_0782-791372.JPG

IMG_0783-773002.JPG

IMG_0785-773086.JPG

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Flat Head Chambray Shirts & Loopwheel T-Shirts

For those unable to make it to the Flat Head party, we're putting up the exclusive items that are only available this one time.
The "Around the World" Loopwheel T-shirt and the Self Edge & Flat Head Kiryu Embroidered Chambray Shirt.

Great designs on both of the shirts thanks to the famous Aya from Flat Head, you might remember her from the party as the girl decked out in Flat Head running around translating for the men from Flat Head and Lightning.

Both of these shirts are limited to the initial number produced and will not be remade.
They're both now available in the online store, check the product pages for more information about both shirts and what "loopwheeling" is:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=68

fh_lw_01_web-785579.jpg

fh_lw_02_web-785601.jpg

sefh_chambray_01_web-719628.jpg

sefh_chambray_02_web-719646.jpg

sefh_chambray_03_web-744466.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, I am looking to get some Skull 5010xx 6x6, hopefully before they go to cotton/poly threading. I am currently wearing some size 30 RRLs that are a tad loose in the waist.

I want the Skulls to be right at 32, but not really any larger post stretch and wash. I am not against sizing down, but I understand it can be quite challenging to say the least when Skulls are concerned. What size would you recommend?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Kiya, I am looking to get some Skull 5010xx 6x6, hopefully before they go to cotton/poly threading. I am currently wearing some size 30 RRLs that are a tad loose in the waist.

I want the Skulls to be right at 32, but not really any larger post stretch and wash. I am not against sizing down, but I understand it can be quite challenging to say the least when Skulls are concerned. What size would you recommend?

I really think you should go for a size 31, no smaller....

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Heavy Selvedge Chambray Shirt & Hickory Stripe Redux

Iron Heart wouldn't release just any chambray shirt, we knew this...
But what we didn't realize is that they'd produce a chambray with so much character within the fabric that it's almost three dimensional.
They've outdone themselves with this shirt.
We don't think we've ever seen a chambray this heavy, it's almost an oxymoron to produce "heavy weight chambray", but leave it up to Iron Heart to push the limits once again.

This chambray shirt along with a re-run (and last re-run) of the hickory stripe shirt along with a restock of all their jeans and belts are now available in our online store:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...ce9d25da0d398e

01-785446.jpg

02-785515.jpg

IHhickory-747422.jpg

IHhickory2-766667.jpg

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the f380s got here this morning and are now soaking in a tub of hot/warm water. i'm pretty sure that maximum shrinkage will be a good thing. any recommendations on how long i should leave them in there?

got the 33s. they fit a touch loose pre-soak and if they lose 1-1.5" they'll be pretty snug. these are the longest pants i've ever seen so i'm hoping i'll lose max length in the inseam. i may have to bit the bullet and become a cuffer, too.

kveldulv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
the f380s got here this morning and are now soaking in a tub of hot/warm water. i'm pretty sure that maximum shrinkage will be a good thing. any recommendations on how long i should leave them in there?

Hour or so should do it if you're using hot water.

JOA

Reaction score
kiya;1296235 said:
Buzz Rickson USN Chambray Shirt

Starting this week we'll be stocking Buzz Rickson in our online store, the fall line is being kicked off with this new shirt from the Fall 2008 season, the Buzz Rickson US Navy repro work shirt made of indigo chambray. A great fit just like what we'd normally expect out of the Buzz Rickson line along with amazing construction.

Every original and distinctive styling feature from the 1940's has been reproduced, including true, hard-wearing chambray fabric that beautifully fades to light blue with age, reinforced shoulder yoke, dark blue selvage edges, bakelite-style dish buttons, double-stitched seams for superior strength and even authentic labeling.

IMG_0781-1-791294.jpg
QUOTE]

Kiya,

I missed this shirt! When will you be getting a restock? Also, will you be carrying the Buzz Rickson chinos?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soak is done. they're snug but not tight. i've got about a 1/2 inch of room in them. still damp, though, so i don't know if they'll keep shrinking or not. i definitely don't need to wear them wet to stretch out the waist. length is still long, but not unmanageable.
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads