• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle, WA then an Alaskan Cruise

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
End of June-1st Week of July I am going on another Alaskan Inner Passage Cruise.

It leaves from Seattle on a Sunday and I'll have to fly over from New York.
I could get out Friday evening; but, most likely I'll fly Sat morning and spend 1 day/night in Seattle.

What's the best area/hotel to stay in that will still make it relatively easy for me to get to the dock on Sunday afternoon; but, still centralized to get around on Sat night?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no idea as to the question you asked, but am curious which cruise line you're taking.

My wife has been on an Inside Passage cruise and is on me to go.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Marriot Waterfront and the Edgewater are actually on the waterfront, but north of the ferry terminals. I think the cruise ships dock even further south, but I am only guessing.

Seattle is a small city -- you could stay just about anywhere.

Try the Hotel Max. Being a NY dweller, you won't mind the small rooms, and the style is very SoCal. They have contraceptives and individually wrapped pocket rockets in the rooms. Safety first!

Last year I stayed there for a month when I had a trial at the Federal Courthouse across the street, and they treated me like gold.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I've only been on Princess Cruises (Mexico, Alaksa, Carribean) and it is up to my standards.
I went on the same cruise in 2000; but, I broke my ankle the second day on the boat and really didn't get to do much than eat and gain smypathy from EVERYONE on the boat as I was that poor kid who broke his leg.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
They have contraceptives and individullay wrapped pocket rockets in the rooms. Safety first!

Ya hear that Eason?
wink.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's fairly easy to get around in downtown Seattle and to any of the piers by either on foot or by taxi (if you've got lots of bags). Most of the hotels have shuttle services as well.

As for hotels:

* The Edgewater Hotel is down on one of the piers, and is very close to where your cruise ship will be. The hotel itself is kind of meh if you're looking for something nice.
* My favorite hotels in the city are the Fairmont, Hotel 1000, and Alexis.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'd be looking more for something that will be easy enough for me to go out and get hammered on Sat night and get back to. I just meant don't reccomend me some nice resort spa hotel that is an hour outside of the city when I said easy enough to get to the cruise ships from.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
I think the cruise ships dock even further south, but I am only guessing.
I don't remember which ones, but a few actually dock much further north now.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'd be looking more for something that will be easy enough for me to go out and get hammered on Sat night and get back to. I just meant don't reccomend me some nice resort spa hotel that is an hour outside of the city when I said easy enough to get to the cruise ships from.
Probably the Ace Hotel then, which is right in the middle of Belltown with all the bars and just uphill about 3 blocks from the piers. You'll want the deluxe room.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Hotel 1000 looks nice, Alexis won't let me check in on that day, Fairmont looks too old like the Pierre.

Ace Hotel?
Robin stfu.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
tongue.gif

I didn't even mention the alley behind it!

I'll buy you a drink; but, don't worry I won't ask you to show me your Schiesser Revivals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics