• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scrubs

RabbitChannel

Reaction score
It's one of my favorite shows. hahaha. I started watching it maybe three months ago and am up to the start of season 5. Haven't reached 6 and 7 yet.

Francis91

Reaction score
I had never seen the show before until last night. I thought it was pretty funny, but I doubt I will continue to watch it regularly (I already follow too many shows).

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the silliness that satirizes other hospital shows. It doesn't take itself seriously and doesn't pretend it's something it's not. However, I think the show has run it's course. I don't know how much further they can stretch that formula.

I haven't seen every season though, there are huge gaps in what I've actually watched and I have no particular interest in going back to watch them.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It's in Friends territory.

I still maintain that friends was a solid show season 1 when it was realistic and just about friends ribbing on each other. Everything after season 1 and maybe a few episodes of season 2 were miserable. Not to say season 1 was great, but solid at times.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Gotta say that the addition of new intern characters every season is lame, seeing as scrubs only runs for a short season. the best jokes on the show are the long-running ones.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I like the silliness that satirizes other hospital shows. It doesn't take itself seriously and doesn't pretend it's something it's not. However, I think the show has run it's course. I don't know how much further they can stretch that formula.

I haven't seen every season though, there are huge gaps in what I've actually watched and I have no particular interest in going back to watch them.

+1 to everything. The "Wizard of Oz" themed show was pure genius.

huy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
+1 to everything. The "Wizard of Oz" themed show was pure genius.
Yup, "My Way Home" is one of their best episodes ever. I've seen that episode at least 5 times.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The show is great but I only really liked season 1-5. Season 6 & 7 was disappointing and I did not find it as funny as I did before. It can't be that I am getting tired of their comedy because I still catch every re-runs of seasons 1-5 as much as possible. Just the way everything is executed, it felt forced.

Last nights episode was a good start but still falls in the same category as season 6 & 7. It also feels like the episode didn't have much going on, usually they have 2-4 things happening but last nights episode, especially the second episode felt hollow in a way.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
+ 1. There's always that "Sometimes, in a hospital..." prepare-for-the-sap moment.
Cue sentimental acoustic guitar track

SystemShock

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the last part of the first episode, which they ran during the credits?
eh.gif

They totally goof on the fact that they haven't been as good since Seasons 1 & 2, why, "just look at the Nielsens", JD or Turk says. Then the camera pans to a family called the Nielsens.

Funny that they're aware of it, gutsy that they admit it. But what I'd really like to see is consistently good writing from them, like the kind we got in the second episode.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SystemShock
Did anyone catch the last part of the first episode, which they ran during the credits?
eh.gif

They totally goof on the fact that they haven't been as good since Seasons 1 & 2, why, "just look at the Nielsens", JD or Turk says. Then the camera pans to a family called the Nielsens.

Funny that they're aware of it, gutsy that they admit it. But what I'd really like to see is consistently good writing from them, like the kind we got in the second episode.

I just got into the show as of xmas (watched the whole season 2, very funny) and saw the 2 episodes and it was okay. Was seasons 6 and 7 that bad? If so, I'll have to watch anyway just to get a feeling of how "rough" things got

huy

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate Carla? I think she is the most annoying character on the show.

SystemShock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huy
Does anyone else hate Carla? I think she is the most annoying character on the show.
I've never really liked her on her own. But she's probably the closest thing the show has to an "adult". Without her, you'd wonder how they actually ran the hospital w/out everyone dying.
eh.gif
Her relationship with Turk is good though. I like them as a couple.

SystemShock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JFKJean
I just got into the show as of xmas (watched the whole season 2, very funny) and saw the 2 episodes and it was okay. Was seasons 6 and 7 that bad? If so, I'll have to watch anyway just to get a feeling of how "rough" things got
ABC episode 1 = Seasons 6 & 7 < ABC episode 2. More or less. 'bout the only thing I remember being good from S6 & S7 was the 'Carla giving birth' episode. But maybe I'm forgetting something. -

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads