• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I was in college I wore some crap from Sephora. Back then there was this facebook app called Honesty Box where people could write comments about you anonymously. I got one that said "you're really cute, but you wear too much cologne." Ever since then I have turned away from fragrances. Recently I began to take an interest and am enjoying the journey. I am wearing vintage Gerlain Mitsouko.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in college I wore some crap from Sephora. Back then there was this facebook app called Honesty Box where people could write comments about you anonymously. I got one that said "you're really cute, but you wear too much cologne." Ever since then I have turned away from fragrances. Recently I began to take an interest and am enjoying the journey. I am wearing vintage Gerlain Mitsouko.
Welcome back to the fragrance journey. When I was in college FB didn't even exist. I remember wearing Kourous, the original Polo green, Halston, Kenzo. After college, when RL Safari came out I was hooked. Grad school was Chanel Pour Monsieur and Guerlain Heritage - great frags for evening drinks at the Ritz in Boston.

Then I took a long hiatus from fragrances and a few years ago also rekindled my interests.

It's been a really enjoyable rediscovery and diving way deeper now.

Today wearing the incredible Oakmoss from La Via Del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar. The only all-natural perfumer house Luca Turin has bothered to publish reviews of.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LuckyScent has a free shipping promotion until the end of this weekend (no minimum). Use the code WEEKEND. Works on samples too. (Not sure if they do this often. I feel like I rarely see promos from them)

Lots of good stuff in the new arrivals

Last edited:

Nikos

Reaction score
I tried Amouage Jubilation XXV today, which smells fantastic.
Other fougeres I recently tried and enjoyed are Houbigant Fougere Royale and Tom Ford's Fougere d'Argent.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jubilation XXV is great, rare bottle purchase for me.

Have you tried MFK Masculin Pluriel? Probably my favorite fougere.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve been looking for MFK MP but it seems difficult to find.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for MFK MP but it seems difficult to find.

You can order directly from the MFK Paris website to the US with free shipping. It works out cheaper than US-based places, usually. Looks like FragranceX has it, too.

Nikos

Reaction score

Yes, I have tried it and really liked it. Actually, I liked this one much more than Amyris and Baccarat, which are probably more famous. I like the color too, as silly as this may sound.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LuckyScent has a free shipping promotion until the end of this weekend (no minimum). Use the code WEEKEND. Works on samples too. (Not sure if they do this often. I feel like I rarely see promos from them)

Lots of good stuff in the new arrivals

I just found out about this place and I went to the new Scent Bar in NYC last week. It was really great. I love how they organized everything by either notes, or ingredients. It really takes away a lot of brand bias. Also, it was curated well. I didn't smell anything that I disliked, which is common at a lot of other places.

In other news I went to the Bond no 9 fragrance shop as well. All very expensive and supposedly "New York" inspired. MASSIVE space and everything they had was awful. I was surprised. I guess you'd like it if you like tacky bottle/store design and want to smell like cotton candy. It seemed like it was "New York" inspired by somebody who actually lives in Hollywood.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found out about this place and I went to the new Scent Bar in NYC last week. It was really great. I love how they organized everything by either notes, or ingredients. It really takes away a lot of brand bias. Also, it was curated well. I didn't smell anything that I disliked, which is common at a lot of other places.

In other news I went to the Bond no 9 fragrance shop as well. All very expensive and supposedly "New York" inspired. MASSIVE space and everything they had was awful. I was surprised. I guess you'd like it if you like tacky bottle/store design and want to smell like cotton candy. It seemed like it was "New York" inspired by somebody who actually lives in Hollywood.

The only interesting one from Bond no. 9 is Andy Warhol Silver Factory, which is definitely strong, but a decent oud scent and not very sweet like the rest of their lines.

-DL

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rather like, and own, New Haarlem. It smells like pancakes and coffee, so best used on the weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads