• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I rather like, and own, New Haarlem. It smells like pancakes and coffee, so best used on the weekend.
I also like New Haarlem, although find I reach for other coffee/ breakfast scents more. And New Haarlem, for me, is a bit easier to wear around the holiday season, whereas other coffee frags, for whatever reason, feel good three seasons out of the year.

Don't mind the bottles, personally, but agree they're not "sophisticated" looking.

Also, gotta rep Bond No. 9 cause of 2 Chainz.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
new haarlem is way too sweet.

so many terrible bottles and logos in fragrance, I don't care how good Bois De Portugal smells I'm not putting that fucking bottle in my bathroom.

in other news that Narciso Rodriguez one with the grey bottle smells and looks kinda nice too. I could probably keep that in my bathroom if I wasn't wearing Antaeus every day.

Maybe I will get it for summer or something.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got a few samples from Perfumed Court recently and have really enjoyed Laboratorio Olfattivo Kashnoir. It has a very old school feel to me, but the dry back is super seductive. Like it smells better the next day on my jacket. I can't quite figure it out, but I like it. Their copywriting is good, though.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where do you guys keep your fragrances? I don't want to start collecting them in my bathroom because it gets hot in there and it stays a bit more humid due to the water sources. I hear sunlight can ruin fragrances also.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Where do you guys keep your fragrances? I don't want to start collecting them in my bathroom because it gets hot in there and it stays a bit more humid due to the water sources. I hear sunlight can ruin fragrances also.
I keep them in their boxes in a cupboard with glass doors. Not the most esthetically pleasing, but I've never had a fragrance go bad on me. I do wish the cupboard was completely opaque so that I can look at my bottles displayed without their boxes. And yes, sunlight will ruin your perfumes.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I keep my fragrances on a shelf in my bedroom closet, which is dark when closed.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My bedroom gets bright, that's my concern.
Mine gets a decent amount of sunlight. I have some bottles that I originally bought in the 90s. I can't say exactly how they've been stored in the last 30 years, but I've never been too precious or concerned about where I put bottles. I wouldn't leave them on the dashboard of a hot car, obviously, but around the house, I've never cared or paid attention. I'm sure the scent has changed a little over the years, but none I would categorize as bad.

The only fragrances I've had that have gone bad are bottles or samples that sit for too long with a high air/ perfume ratio. The more air that's in the bottle or sample, and the longer it sits like that, the more the scent changes.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the top of the dresser approach, too. I try to keep them blocked from direct sunlight, but I'm not super worried about it. Thought of purchasing some sort of cabinet sort of thing for them, but not sure it's necessary.

Wearing Le 3eme Homme de Caron today, which just arrived yesterday. Lovely fragrance, very oldschool feel to me. Could see myself wearing this a lot.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I took advantage of Lucky Scent's promotion over the weekend and bought a few samples. One of them was something I've been wanting to try for a while, Tihota by Indult, which is often described as the "ultimate vanilla."

Anyone who thinks that Bond No. 9 New Haarlem is too sweet will obviously not like Tihota. This is a very sweet, realistic vanilla scent. The note list includes just vanilla and musk. I get a realistic vanilla smoothed over something that smells like brown parchment paper.

I really love vanilla. It's one of my favorite categories. I haven't decided whether I want a bottle of this yet, but it is very good. It almost feels like you're smelling vanilla straight from the pod, but with a touch of parchment paper. There is something warm about it -- a bit of dark chocolate, hint of booze, and a little coconut. It is, however, slightly feminine, to the degree that vanilla is often associated with feminine fragrances.

The one thing I like about this is that, unlike other vanillas, it's neither syrupy or powdery. For anyone who loves vanilla, this is at least a must-try.

Also, the perfumer behind this is Francis Kurkdjian. Have to say, I tried to get into the MFK line, but it just wasn't for me. This scent makes me want to try the rest of the Indult line, however.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the top of the dresser approach, too. I try to keep them blocked from direct sunlight, but I'm not super worried about it. Thought of purchasing some sort of cabinet sort of thing for them, but not sure it's necessary.

Wearing Le 3eme Homme de Caron today, which just arrived yesterday. Lovely fragrance, very oldschool feel to me. Could see myself wearing this a lot.
One of my all time favourites. Also one of few Caron's that has survived re-formulations and still smells great. Pour un homme and Yatagan have also survived, but other classics like Alpona and En Avion, not to mention female scents like Tabac Blond, Farnesiana and Narcisse Noir, have been butchered during numerous re-formulations.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
new haarlem is way too sweet.

so many terrible bottles and logos in fragrance, I don't care how good Bois De Portugal smells I'm not putting that fucking bottle in my bathroom.

in other news that Narciso Rodriguez one with the grey bottle smells and looks kinda nice too. I could probably keep that in my bathroom if I wasn't wearing Antaeus every day.

Maybe I will get it for summer or something.
How does this look bad?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.