Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

No, I haven't tried it yet. I'm not well acquainted at all with the Amouage line, but I'm also very keen to try Gold. I will remember to order those with my next batch of samples.

I agree with you on Dark Rose, it's really an excellent evening scent. It's that rose/saffron accord that I'm always fond of. I hope you get better longevity than I do.

3. tps16

tps16 Senior member

I'll have to remember about Ungaro II. I doubt it's available here in Beijing though. Only one Guerlain outlet carries Jicky and Mitsouko, and Habit Rouge is not available at all! Though Guerlain is supposed to be opening a full-line store at some point soon.
    I think I like No.19 for the reasons you don't like it. Different strokes and all that.
    Today, Heritage

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Yep, I call Ungaro II "Jicky Summer."

L'inc, haven't tried Ocean Rain yet. Had it shipped to my US address, and I'm in Japan until at least October. So, it will be waiting for me until then.

Today is Eau de Givenchy again, for a warmish Spring/Summer day. Like all the good old "eaus," it's a stinkfest wrapped in freshness. Eau de Rochas is piss and hay sprinkled with lemon pinesol, and Eau de Givenchy is sort of wet, spoiled hay composted with some assorted fruit. Good stuff.

None are as good as Eau Sauvage or Diorella, of course, which have the stinkfest wrapped in an adventure... the Rochas, Givenchy, and other Eaus stay rather linear. Roudnitska made his go in different directions, so you get spice, funk, rancid stink, fruit, and then a wonderful friendly blast of citrusy freshness.

It's obvious that Ellena is Roudnitka's protege... think Declaration, Citrus Bigarade, Rose Poivree, etc.... but still Ellena doesn't do it as well. Obviously I love much of what he's made, but still, the more I wear Roud's juice the more I appreciate what he did.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  5. b1os

b1os Senior member

Ok, definitely get known with Amouage. They have some good juice. Haven't tried Gold Man yet though (but have a sample of it).

I still smelled Dark Rose after waking up. After taking a shower it's very very light now.

Not sure yet what the SotD will be. Either Eau d'Hadrien, Eau de Givenchy or one of the new L'Esprit Colognes by TDC.

6. Homme

Homme Senior member

Timbuktu today. Find the opening sharp, rasping, harsh almost; love love love the middle and drydown. Yesterday was Sycomore, day before Rose de Nuit. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful sunny and slightly cool day. Am think El Attarine.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Satori Iris Homme.

8. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

SoTD : Cedre By Serge Luten.

9. L'Incandescent

Muscs Koublai Khan.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Guys, thoughts on purchasing creed from eBay? I want to get either the 1 or 2.5 oz bottle of silver mountain water and the prices on ebay are pretty much half.. the sellers have great reviews and all but this just can't be right. Should I just assume the eBay frags are fake? Do I need to purchase from creed directly to ensure authenticity?

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

To "ensure" it, then yes. I've had great experiences with fragrancenet.com. I've ordered two legit Creeds from there. When I was sent a sketchy bottle, I contacted them and had a return going the next day - full refund. They'll stand by their policy of only dealing w/ authentic product. Prices there are great too.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Thanks for the rec. Just checked the website and unfortunately they don't carry the 1 oz. size I'm looking for. Does anyone have any recs for other reputable fragrance websites?

13. L'Incandescent

If you buy Creed on ebay, you run a pretty high risk of getting a fake. If you're buying lesser known niche brands, I don't think you have to worry as much because there's not a lot of money to be made in counterfeiting those. But ebay Creeds are notoriously unreliable.

One possibility you might want to consider is going in on a split. I don't know if there are any active splits for what you want, but Crystal Flacon has lots and lots of splits. A lot of the people running the splits there are regulars on Basenotes, so you can check their reputations at BN. Of course, if having the original bottle and box is important to you, then this wouldn't be a good option.

14. b1os

b1os Senior member

So, I decided for Limon de Cordoza by The Different Company's new L'Esprit Cologne series. Started out quite fresh with lots of pleasant citrus. I wore the same sweater as yesterday and because I went for the wrist when I tried the Annick Goutal's, the sweater absorbed so much fragrance that it completely overpowered the Limon de Cordoza. So when I returned at home, I applied some new Limon de Cordoza and Sienne d'Orange. Limon is interesting and fresh, sweeter in the drydown. Sienne d'Orange is pretty much orange juice. Not that interesting to me.

Also wore Gold Man by Amouage as the SotN. This is pretty good. I think it's very much to your liking, L'Inc. Floral blast in the opening (jasmine, rose, muguet) and then obvious frankincense and quite a few balsamic and woody notes. Powdery.

15. L'Incandescent

Have you tried the original Amouage Gold, b1os? (The feminine) That's the one I'm especially keen to try, although I've read strongly positive reviews of both.