• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was walking by a Sephora and went in to look at some frags. Aside from not being able to smell too much because of the overwhelming scent I didn't know which Sauvage to grab to try after Ed's comments about it. There was a display with Johnny Depp and like 7 flankers, with no way to tell which was the original. I smelled none of them and walked out.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Slumberhouse Kiste

375x500.31278.jpg

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most unique vetiver I've experienced.

Long discontinued, and an incredible gem. A restrained and refined vetiver that opens with a saltiness that evokes the sea air, and underlain by sandalwood, tonka, and a very subtle and "clean" unburned tobacco.

A masterpiece marine vetiver that preceded the trend by a couple decades.

Goutal Vetiver.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was walking by a Sephora and went in to look at some frags. Aside from not being able to smell too much because of the overwhelming scent I didn't know which Sauvage to grab to try after Ed's comments about it. There was a display with Johnny Depp and like 7 flankers, with no way to tell which was the original. I smelled none of them and walked out.
I saw you and waved, but you didn't look up.
I was at my Wahoos table on the other side of the glass...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My big bottle came yesterday...
This stuff smells so amazing, I just wish the performance was better.
Occasional re-sprays are a must.
I sprayed some on before bed last night and dreamt I married myself.
1628438779972.png

ultravisitor

Reaction score
My big bottle came yesterday...
This stuff smells so amazing, I just wish the performance was better.
Occasional re-sprays are a must.
I sprayed some on before bed last night and dreamt I married myself.
View attachment 1650371
I really like that one. It reminds me of the green of the woods near the pond by my parents' house.

Today is Le Labo Patchouli 24. There is nothing I love to wear more than this during the heat of late summer.

375x500.6332.jpg

papillo

Reaction score
I really like that one. It reminds me of the green of the woods near the pond by my parents' house.

Today is Le Labo Patchouli 24. There is nothing I love to wear more than this during the heat of late summer.

375x500.6332.jpg
Do you get the "smoked meat" reference that a lot of people get from this one?

SOTM: Roja Dove Elysium

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Do you get the "smoked meat" reference that a lot of people get from this one?
No. Not at all. I kind of understand why people make that connection, but it's not a connection I ever would or ever have made while wearing it. I'm guessing a lot of people don't really have much experience with birch tar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads