• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yesterday was cedrat by parfums nicolai. very lemony (and i mean lemons, not citrus) with just enough wood to give a little maturity and masculinity, but still a very fresh scent. it reminded me of the original armani.

today it is je suis un homme by etat libre d'orange. i'm only 10 minutes into it so i'll hold my opinion until later, but it has made a good first impression.

yes, i'm testing a bunch of fragrances in the hope i'll find something to like as much as eau sauvage, with longer staying power.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on my preferences, anyone have any reccomendations on what I should add to my order:

Tom Ford Vanilla Tobbacco - never smelled it
Chanel Antaeus - never smelled it
Dior Homme - love it
Kiehls Sandalwood - love it
CdG Cinnamon - never smelled
Serge Lutens un boise vanille - never smelled
YSL opium - never smelled
TDC jasmin de nuit - never smelled

I like vanilla, sandalwood, cinnamon, tobbacco, woodiness (not all necessarily in the same bottle). I really dislike heavy citrus based scents.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love Antaeus, but don't care much for Dior Homme. Sounds like Antaeus might be a bit rough around the edges, but I'd still recommend it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
I'm just the opposite. I'd like to sell my bottle of Antaeus. I love Dior Homme.

I'd take you up but I have four already, and one's a 200ml behemoth.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Is this your favorite frag that you own?

Not entirely. It was a favorite for a time, but sadly I've since moved on and seldom wear it. These days, if I can label a favorite, it's Chanel Pour Monsieur. I have a good deal more of that one.

tetsuo

Reaction score
CDG Kyoto. finished off my bottle today.

need a new summer scent, thinking possibly either..
No.2 (bernhard willhelm's) by Six Scents
or
Jasmin et Cigarettes by Etat libre d'Orange

Thoughts?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tetsuo
CDG Kyoto. finished off my bottle today.

need a new summer scent, thinking possibly either..
No.2 (bernhard willhelm's) by Six Scents
or
Jasmin et Cigarettes by Etat libre d'Orange

Thoughts?

Jasmin et Cigarettes by Etat libre d'Orange sounds interesting. I'd like to try thast one!

Seattle Bits

Reaction score
Wearing L'Artisan Mure et Musc Extreme today. Opening was a very citrus, flower smell. After drydown though it settled down quite a bit and changed. It now smells like Wrigley's Fruit Gum with an undertone of musk. Can barely smell the citrus anymore. When smelling it you get an initial burst of fruit but before you finish your sniff, you smell the musk. Really intriguing scent. While this one is unisex as well, I think I would definately wear it to the office. To me, this would be a great spring or fall scent.

The wife gives it a big thumbs up and likes it better than the Creed MI I had on yesterday. Hopefully it has longevity.

Update....it was short lived...all traces of Mure et Musc Extreme were gone before noon.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^I had the same problem with the Mure. Gone before I knew what happened.

Today I'm trying out the new Angel for Men Malt. I think this might be a winner. Nowhere near as cloying and sickly sweet as the original Angel and it has what smells like a coffee finish.

modo101

Reaction score
Wearing Paul Smith Story. Its a light smell, has the following: Haitian vetiver along with grapefruit, bergamot, green ivy, jasmine, green rose, musks, mineral amber and cedarwood. The smell is in inspired by Paul Smiths passion of books. The bottle is shaped like a book.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt