• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I decided to apply Dzing! to the surface of my skin, thereby making it my SOTE.

Now I am editing my post, which I am allowed to do because I am in America and have freedom of speech: I have applied Ungaro Diva as a second SOTE. Has anyone else tried that one?

Last edited:

Athenry

Reaction score
Are you sure you're talking about Yatagan?
Yeah, I know most people see it as a winter fragrance but for some reason it just seems better for summer/spring to me. It comes across as light and floral, it seems perfect for a natural environment like the beach or forest in summer. I feel the same way about Havana by Aramis.

To me winter fragrances are more warm, woodier, spicier and unnatural. Out of my own collection I'd say One Man Show, Cigar, Fahrenheit and L'Essence de Cerruti fill that role well.

Wearing Havana today.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Today I wore Sonoma Scent Studios Fig Tree at work. Its a very green, woody fig, with just a touch of the fig fruit in the background.  The interesting thing about this fragrance is not necessarily the fig, but the wood (fig wood?), which has a roasted, slightly smoky and somewhat doughy profile. It reminds me somewhat of gaiac wood.  Good stuff for Spring.

Anyone tried Carthusia Io?  Would appreciate your impressions.

Cheers guys!

I haven't explored Sonoma Scent Studios as much as I should, but their reputation is excellent.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey b1os, if I recall correctly, you know the various AdP Colonias, right?  I have Assoluta, which I really like. Is Essenza sufficiently different to warrant a close look?  Thanks

I know the Colonia Intensa and Colonia Assoluta. Both are great. I don't recall whether I've tried the others. It seems to get decent reviews at fragrantica/bn, from what I can tell, so I'd suggest to try it out.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Illuminum Skin Petals. Have never liked this one. Still don't.
SOTD: Une Rose Vermeille

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
James, do you mean I/O Capri from Carthusia? If it's that one, then it's sort of like a sweet lemon along the lines of Hani Morae with a fantastic tea accord, so I think of sort of like a sweet lemon iced tea with a bit of EdC style structure. I've been tempted to get a bottle for ages. Oh and there's a nice minty opening there too. I feel like they're a tad overpriced but it's still tempting for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads