• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Soussanne. I've said it before, but in general, I find the Keiko Mecheri Bespoke line disappointing. I like the regular lineup much better.
SOTD: Aftelier Wild Roses. Smells like potpourri.

@b1os: I bought a whole bottle of Santal Majuscule blind on your recommendation. If I don't like it, I will be mad as a hornet, and I will start typing on the forum in all caps until such time as I am banned.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Picked up myself a couple new colognes. I'm now having a hard time keeping my shirt buttoned.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@b1os: I bought a whole bottle of Santal Majuscule blind on your recommendation. If I don't like it, I will be mad as a hornet, and I will start typing on the forum in all caps until such time as I am banned.

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't bought into my recommendation.

So, Santal Noble again. Baron, I agree with you. Definitely stink in their, more prominent in the beginning. I also smell quite a bit pepper, but apparently that's just me.

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Test driving Tobacco Vanille today, with a view to wearing it at a big wedding next week. Not really a fan because the vanilla note is a bit up-front for what I'm looking for. I might go with MFK Oud or one of the Montales instead.

I tested Noir de Noir yesterday, and that would have been great except my sample hasn't arrived yet.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Prada Amber pour Homme Intense
SOTD: Portrait of a Lady

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PdN New York today. A bit overflowed while I was spraying out a decant today and I figured '"why let this go to waste?" So i rolled around in it.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

POON de N New York today. A bit overflowed while I was spraying out a decant today and I figured '"why let this go to waste?" So i rolled around in it.

:D

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Pre-shower: Prada Amber pour Homme Intense

Been wearing this for a few days now actually so coincidence. I think I may like it more than the original?! it's the same soapy clean floral base but with strong overtones of patch and myhrr and stuff. I'm highly considering getting a bottle. Not great longevity but good enough.

SOTD, morning Prada PH Intense
SOTE, Guerlain Vetiver. Even the new formulation was still really enjoyable. I just love this stuff every time I wear it.

[COLOR=FF00AA]INTEREST CHECK[/COLOR] - I'm looking at organizing the next edition of the swap box (TM) in the next few days... you guys down for it?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has any of you tried the Prada Exclusifs yet? Quite a shame. Ten good to very good fragrances (well, at least the three I've tried) and hardly--if at all--advertised or available.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Has any of you tried the Prada Exclusifs yet? Quite a shame. Ten good to very good fragrances (well, at least the three I've tried) and hardly--if at all--advertised or available.

Are those the ones only available at the boutiques? I tried the ones several years back that were 30mls and priced at about a bajillion euros (opoponax, oeillet, etc). They were fair but not for that kind of scratch. Are the ones you mentioned a new line?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Are those the ones only available at the boutiques? I tried the ones several years back that were 30mls and priced at about a bajillion euros (opoponax, oeillet, etc). They were fair but not for that kind of scratch. Are the ones you mentioned a new line?

Based on what little I've heard, even the boutiques don't know they have them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads