• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Savile Row Bespoke, Oxxford Special Custom Holland & Sherry 150's, Bijan suits, 38 42 42L

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
NOTE - EACH SUIT IS PRICED INDIVIDUALLY. Full size pics are available in request. Shipping prices are for the US only - contact me for an international quote. I am open to offers and can go 10% lower here than I can on ebay as I save the fees. All ebay auction terms apply to direct sales. Click the ebay links for full size pictures:

$4500+ HOGG & JB JOHNSTONE SAVILE ROW BESPOKE SUIT 38 $590.00 OBO

hoggjohnstonegrwrstd1.jpg

hoggjohnstonegrwrstd2.jpg

hoggjohnstonegrwrstd3.jpg

hoggjohnstonegrwrstd4.jpg

London's Savile Row has been setting the standard for the worlds most elegant (and expensive) men's clothing for several hundred years. Suffice to say the modern businessman would look very different if it were not for the tailors of Savile Row.

For auction - an amazing handmade Savile Row suit from Hogg, Sons & J.B. Johnstone. It would cost appx. $4500.00 to commission one like this today.

Size - this suit is full bespoke, so it is not marked with a size. It measures closest to a US size 38

Condition - worn only a handful of times. Near-new condition with no flaws.

Cut - single breasted two button.

Some details - hand stitching is evident in every part of the coat. This jacket uses a canvas front construction. This means that the front of the jacket gets it shape from a canvas interlining that is sewn into the jacket. This is far superior (and much more labor intensive and expensive) to the fused method used in lesser quality jackets. The front of this jacket will never bubble. The canvas front construction allows for a more tailored fit in the chest and a graceful "roll" to the lapel. And the canvas in this suit was cut, shaped and sewn by hand - that's far more work than what goes into a K*ton or Brioni! If you examine the backside of the buttonholes you will notice that the stitching is slightly irregular. This is because the buttonholes were stitched by hand. The lapel buttonhole is functional and there is a boutonniere loop on the back of the lapel to hold a flower in place should you choose to wear one! The sleeves are finished with real functioning handsewn buttonholes and the buttons are real horn.

Fabric content - not marked but this is pure superfine wool.

Fabric weight/finish - light-to-medium weight worsted

Color/Pattern - dark charcoal grey with a light grey windowpane stripe.

Stunning! The pictures do not do it justice.

Jacket measurements:

Chest - 40

Waist - 38.5

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back at the widest point - 17.25

Length from bottom of collar to bottom of coat - 30

Sleeves - 24.5

Fabric hemmed under the sleeves - 2.75" (button position cannot be changed)

Vents - 1

Lining - full

Trouser measurements:

Waist - 30.5

Extra material at top of waist seam - 3.75"

Inseam - 31.75"

Cuffs - yes, 1 5/8"

Fabric hemmed under - 1.25"

Trouser detailing - flat front, three-point waist closure, fob pocket, belt keeper loop, hand pick stitched fly and pockets.

S/H - $20.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4500-HOGG-J...930963?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item4cfcde2353

STUNNING $4900 OXXFORD SPECIAL 150'S/CSMR TWEED SUIT 42 $990.00 OBO

oxxfordjhdrktwd1.jpg

oxxfordjhdrktwd02.jpg

oxxfordjhdrktwd3.jpg

oxxfordjhdrktwd4.jpg

oxxfordjhdrktwd5.jpg

Brand - authentic Oxxford, America's finest ready-to-wear tailor, from their Oxxford Crest line. This is not standard RTW Oxxford Crest though, it is a really special one-of-a-kind custom piece, and one of the nicest suits you are ever likely to see! The jacket and trousers can also be worn as separates, so it's like getting a suit, a sportcoat, and a pair of odd-trousers!

Retail - it would cost $4900 plus tax to commission this today.

Size - it was made to measure, and measures to a US size 42, or a very trim 44.

Condition - previously worn, but not much. The gentleman who commissioned this suit has a very large wardrobe so his suits are not worn frequently. It is still in perfect condition with no flaws.

Cut - single breasted, three button, double vented. Hacking style pockets, ticket pocket, wind tab at the collar. The tab can also be buttoned under for a more conventional notched look. The shoulder is fairly soft, with padding/wadding only at the end. The chest canvas is quite soft as well.

Construction details - Hand cut and hand stitched. Hand padded lapels. Canvas front (no glue or fusing.) Handpicked lapels and pockets. Handsewn buttonholes. Handsewn boutonierre loop. Real smoked shell buttons.

Special details - the lining is a special irridescent purple/blue. It is lined under the collar with the shell fabric so the lapels and collar can be turned up. There are real functioning buttonholes on the sleeves, with the left sleeve buttonholes done in contrasting thread.

Fabric content - it is marked wool & cashmere. Specifically it is a Holland & Sherry Super 150's and cashmere blend. This is very expensive fabric.

Fabric weight/finish - medium-to-heavy weight tweed

Fabric color(s) - navy ground, accented by copper-orange and dark French blue windowpane stripes. Stunning!! The pictures really do not do it justice. The colors are not quite so bright in person.

Jacket measurements:

Chest - 45.5

Waist - 43

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back at the widest point - 20.5

Length from bottom of collar to bottom of coat - 32.5

Sleeves - 25.5

Fabric hemmed under the sleeves - 2" (button position cannot be changed)

Vents - 2

Lining - full

Functioning buttonholes on the sleeves? - yes

Trouser measurements:

Waist - 37

Extra fabric at the top of the center seam - 2"

Inseam - 32.5

Max inseam - 37.5"

Cuffs? - Yes, 2 1/8"

Trouser detailing - 2 pleats on each side, lined, suspender buttons, extended tabs for the back two suspender buttons, with loops to hold them when they are not in use, three button waist closure with handsewn buttonholes and real horn buttons, Oxxford's patented handsewn one-piece waistband, split waistband in back, hand picked fly and pockets, handsewn buttonholes and real horn buttons to close the back pockets.

S/H/I - $30.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-49...931089?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item4cfcde23d1

$7950 BIJAN HANDMADE SUIT D'AVENZA sz 42L

bijangrndbsuit2.jpg

Brand - Bijan! Hand tailored by D'Avenza - one of the finest tailoring concerns in Italy. Bijan suits are among the most expensive in the world.

Retail - appx. $7950.00 plus tax.

Size - it is marked a size 44L but it measures more like a US 42 long.

Condition - barely worn and still in really excellent condition overall, with no flaws of any significance. There are a few disturbed threads near the waistband where the trouser waist was let out, but likely you will take them back in (if not, they are still not any kind of an issue.)

Cut - double breasted four button with one to close.

Construction - canvas front. Pick stitched lapels and pockets. Handsewn buttonholes. Real shell buttons.

Special Detailing - signature bemberg lining.

Fabric content - pure super 100's wool

Fabric weight/finish - lightweight

Pattern - herringbone

Fabric color(s) - emerald, black. Overall effect is a dark forest green. Very 60's, in a good way. The emerald tint is visible up close or under strong light. I had an impossible job photographing this suit - the camera decided it was blue and wouldn't be talked out of it. I tried color shifting, but with poor results as you can see. It is a lovely dark green in person, closest to the last picture but without the yellow tint.

Jacket measurements:

Chest - 45.5

Waist - 42.5

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back at the widest point - 18.75

Length from bottom of collar to bottom of coat - 32

Sleeves - 25.75

Fabric hemmed under the sleeves - 2.75"

Vents - 2

Lining - full

Trouser measurements:

Waist - 40 (originally 37.5" , so they can be taken in even farther )

Extra material at top of waist seam - 1"

Inseam - 30"

Cuffs - no

Fabric hemmed under - 4.25"

Trouser detailing - flat front, pick stitched fly and pockets, signature waistband, real shell buttons.

S/H - $25.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7950-BIJAN-...139551?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item4cfa236a9f

Attachments

• hoggjohnstonegrwrstd2.jpg
    hoggjohnstonegrwrstd2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

UncleCozy

Reaction score
That Oxxford is all sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt