• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial Dreams

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
star in his own television show alongside Jennifer Love Hewitt.
I wouldn't mind that !
inlove.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a dream that my parents promised to buy me any pair of Aldens I desired for my birthday. The day before, they reneged on the deal, and I burned the house down while they were sleeping.
smile.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps I shouldn't have read that J.Crew thread before going to bed. Among other bizarre dreams, I had one where I was at the shop and they were clearing out pocket squares for $1.95, but it turned out they were cut to bandana proportions. Then I had to hide EL72 from the police because he killed somebody.

crazy.gif

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did have a day dream once that Charvet let me order a 1000 ties from their archives of fabrics for a dollar apiece. Although, the declaration value for the post office kind of spoiled it for me...

On the other side of the coin, I had a waking nightmare recently that I had a new position that required me to shed all the items I liked to wear and substitute the bland and the tasteless to get along.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Perhaps I shouldn't have read that J.Crew thread before going to bed. Among other bizarre dreams, I had one where I was at the shop and they were clearing out pocket squares for $1.95, but it turned out they were cut to bandana proportions. Then I had to hide EL72 from the police because he killed somebody.

crazy.gif

eek.gif
uhoh.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
worship.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for helpin' a brother out J. I knew I could count on you for help in dreamland. BTW, I was checking out your closet while at your place so don't bother looking for the Zegna Couture and HF cashmere coats.
devil.gif

Lear

Reaction score
Dream from this morning:

I walk into the shop of a well know London tailor, slowly perusing the piles of cloth he has stacked up to the ceiling. Right at the very top I can see a dark gray worsted with hints of red. I tell him that I simply must have it. He immediately cuts it into sections, then uses a cookie cutter to trace out intricate shapes. It's revealed that the hints of red are in fact glittery red sequins, hidden beneath the surface. I run from the shop with the tailor chasing behind (cookie cutter in hand)... then I wake.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a reoccuring dream that I am walking and the apocolypse comes and it starts hailing and there is immediate slush that I am trying to get through, no cabs are stopping, and all of the doors are locked to buildings and I am alone screaming, "These are $1,300 shoes!!!! Noooo!" Then I wake up happy to go to work.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I once had a dream I was left behind in an unknown John Lobb shop...

I just woke up when I was ordering a van to remove all the size 7.5 available...

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
I ordered a cheap (striped repp) tie from an unknown maker on eBay yesterday. The description looks good but I don't know. Last night I had a dream that the seller came to deliver the tie, and I found that the material was plasticky, only the top half had the proper stripes, and the bottom half was candy pink. Look, man, I'm just not going to pay you for this. I really am looking for something totally different and this just isn't what I want, I told him. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I was saying it in a way like "it's me, not you." He said alright. He offered to show me some more of his ties and I said "Thanks but no thanks."

Topcat90069

Reaction score
Last weekend I dreamt that I bought that pair of EG loden green suede boots from Arethusa406. They were a sort of lime green/chrome yellow and very beat up and floppy. I looked inside a boot and there were black spots like fungus. They smelled really bad. For some reason, I reckoned I coudn't send them back because they had come in an old fashioned woven tackle box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads