• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Corcos Consolidated Thread

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
Commission #2: Odd jacket from London Lounge's Prince Michael Tweed cloth.

My wife and I ended up getting married in May (we postponed the celebration/party to June 2021) and I had a chance to wear Kotaro's suit he made for me. I’ve worn it many times since then, the fit was great, and so I was ready to have the tweed jacket finished.

After receiving the jacket earlier this afternoon, I threw it on straight out of the box, and hardly noticed any wrinkles. I love the weight & texture of this cloth, perfect for winter in NY. Kotaro did a beautiful job here, especially with the pattern matching.

Although I don't have any in-progress commissions with Kotaro right now, I have a stack of cloth reserved for him. I hope Kotaro can travel soon; I'm thinking of a double-breasted jacket next. With that said, I’ll need to drop a few pounds before starting any new commissions.

I hope everyone on here is doing great & keeping safe.

Cheers

Attachments

• 06327115-3AA9-4A83-BF8F-99B67898FFCC.jpeg
    06327115-3AA9-4A83-BF8F-99B67898FFCC.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 634
  • FA149C39-77BC-4C8D-A1B9-4ABCABE7CE0E.jpeg
    FA149C39-77BC-4C8D-A1B9-4ABCABE7CE0E.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 8F158D90-92CB-4BF3-AFD6-77E642ACAABA.jpeg
    8F158D90-92CB-4BF3-AFD6-77E642ACAABA.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 906
  • E2654BAB-8BAC-40E9-8EF6-DC38412C239A.jpeg
    E2654BAB-8BAC-40E9-8EF6-DC38412C239A.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

mosivy

Reaction score
After receiving the jacket earlier this afternoon, I threw it on straight out of the box, and hardly noticed any wrinkles. I love the weight & texture of this cloth, perfect for winter in NY. Kotaro did a beautiful job here, especially with the pattern matching.

Really nice collar matching on the back!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sartoria Corcos is now taking on new clients but you need to be able to make your way over to Florence to take advantage of it.

BomTrady

Reaction score
'Absolutely beautiful work. The overall pattern-matching, especially along the sleeves, shows Kotaro-San's mastery. While sleeve pattern-matching may sometimes seem like a secondary effect, it makes a significant difference in a jacket's appearance in my opinion. Also, the lack of a front dart on a pattern jacket presents an amazingly cohesive look.

Last edited:

CyclingTex

Reaction score
I am trying to plan a trip later at the end of this year to visit him in Florence to place my order. Have an appt confirmed. Hopefully no hiccups in my plan.

Last edited:

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my first Corcos appointment set up for the upcoming NYC trip. It’s been a long wait since I first got on the mailing list, I’m really looking forward to it. And my Japanese has become passable in the interim. I usually perseverate beforehand about choosing fabrics so I don’t pick something in the heat of the moment that I regret, but I think I’m just going to tell Kotaro-san what I’m looking for and let him pick.

Reaction score
Bumping this thread up as I will have an appointment with Kantaro during Pitti (next week). Reading the thread, I was surprised how easily I got the appointment (I was completely unaware that he is very selective of taking appointment).

Although the jacket style looks quite Florentine, which brings out the sharpness and "quite a presence" around shoulder and lapel (in other words, a style I tend to avoid), one his loyal customers that I follow on Instagram assures me it is than that.

With Liverano being way to expensive for my taste and budget, I am very curious how my first Florentine jacket would look like. It will most likely be in doppio petto unless Kantaro convinces me otherwise.

Keep you all posted.

Reaction score
His name is Kotaro. Also, why would you choose a tailor/style that you know you don't like?

Oops, tks for point that out. My keyboard has autocorrected this with its own mind.

I dont think I stated as " I dont like".

I believe that I phrase it as a style that I tend to avoid BUT a friend assures me that there is more than what it looks like on photo.

With that said, there are things I like about Corcos (which I believe everyone on this thread is aware of... :D :D) and I shall stay open minded.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads