• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Monty; glad to be on SF.

Now, you clearly have been at this longer than I (judging from your # of posts and join date), so do you care to share why I am going to regret my purchases?  I can't know it if you don't tell it. I'm trying to take something (anything) helpful from your post...edify me.

DSW is a joke. Brick and mortar, online... even Lux options are ugly. Boring and ugly, actually. No style. It'll be some time before I become my grandfather. Until then, I'd like to be able to incorporate some of my own flair into my shoes.  Oh, BTW, I'm a size 12D/E depending on the manufacturer, and DSW only has baby shoes left in any style I could stomach (size 8 and under).  DSW is three blocks from my office...it's not far enough away, if you ask me.  :-\

So - DSW? Fail... Opinion on Santoni and Sassetti? TBD...Maybe you could offer some insight on awesome rear end pictures of women whom I will never meet, or won't 'drop trou' without payment up front...j/k  But, dude - DSW...? Really? Isn't that the shoe equivalent of 'Men's Warehouse'?

BTW, being pompous doesn't make you sound like more of an authority - just pompous.  sestyle offered rationale for his opinions, and that's why I am asking (see initial post) - to acquaint myself with the nuances in the different types of shoes/makers/leather/durability/styles (G&G, Grenson, Loake, Lobb, Alden, Gucci, Prada, Herring, SF, Maurizi...) that I do and don't own.

Thanks for the heads up, though. Now I know where to go for my girly shots...and marginal feedback. (I love initiation!)

I've seen people post about the folks who scour the forums with contempt for the 'unrefined' members.  I think a thread should be created for them, specifically. What to call it, though...? Suggestions welcomed!!!

Maybe I could post a picture of your face with the photos of rear ends? On second thought, they don't allow pictures that show @ssholes

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Consider me bested, monty. I feel the burn... Again, that's for the heads up.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Back to Santoni then.

I just ordered a pair of these:

These are from the Andrea Santoni FAM line, with leather soles. Judging from this and other photos, the "wear" on the toe looks like a deliberate antiquing effect.

Delivery hopefully will be sometime next week. Ordered from Jofré in Barcelona, via farfetch.com.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Alright, another Santoni purchase just couldn't help myself. Santoni Striper 2. Saw it at 50% off on Nordstrom's site which is very rare to get to that discount, and only one size left and it was mine (13D). It was a sign, just hope they fit as this is the exact type of shoe I can use into summer/fall.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those are really nice, Beachbum.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Thanks coxaca, likewise. I am yet to open a suede monkstrap or any monkstrap for that matter.

So the shipment came in and the shoes are a success. Better than a success, I love them and they like all my Santonis fit great. Here's a pic, the other shoe being a Santoni Gordon that I got for about 80% off at the Rack several months ago...

Happy Father's Day wknd to all you dads...

nice1take5

Reaction score
Here are some of the more recent Santoni I added to my closet:

nice1take5

Reaction score
Here are some of the newer styles at my store, except this Knox which I ordered for a customer. The second pic, the Lanford is currently on the Half-Yearly Sale:

nice1take5

Reaction score
Some of the Santoni at the store:

Just some Fall 2013 samples of what we will have at my location (Nordstrom at Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ):

Email me at hafiz.azly(at)nordstrom.com with any questions

Beach Bum

Reaction score
nice1take5 thanks for posting. Nice collection, hopefully you get an extremely good discount!!! That's a lot of dollars in shoes there!

I like your Striper. I think I saw that one on your Instagram picture page the other day. As posted above I got the Striper-2 at 50% off on nordstrom.com a few days ago. I like the blue and the darker tan one you have too. I'll probably buy Blue too if can get it cheap.

Jobst

Reaction score
Can anybody identify a model/last of these Santoni's? I bought them all second hand and like them a lot, but don't know what they're called!

nice1take5

Reaction score
On the left is the Darren. Middle and right are both Bristol. Fun fact, the rust Bristol was my very first pair of Santoni.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just an observation, and maybe it's just the photography, but the waists on those look like they're cinched in with corsets!

[edit: adding slayer to denote enthusiasm] :slayer:

Can anybody identify a model/last of these Santoni's? I bought them all second hand and like them a lot, but don't know what they're called!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads