• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday September 12th , Label King Returns, Hosted by Proper Suit.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SF'ers are important people - they have better things to do I think

Anyone headed to the brewfest this weekend want to meet up and wait in a long line? Ill be there in my navy blue blue blazer and ocbd ;D

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And with the triumphant return of the LabelKing, perhaps we can coax heismatt out of retirement as well to join us -- reliving the one-two punch of the first SF in SF meetup nearly 5 years past.

Theystillcallhimmatt has been invited by PM.

Binge was the key organizer of the first couple years of Bay Area Meetups.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
another meat up I wish I could be in. would love to meet labelking, and share copious amounts of beer with psguy, archivist, imatlas, emptym, parker, comrade, etc... y'all sf guys in sf should go.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of Firehouse 8 in Russian Hill near Broadway and Van Ness. (Where we will be having hosted drinks) It is used as a coffee shop and an event space for designer showcases, wine tastings, social gatherings, pop-up shops, etc. Proper Suit uses it for their 2x monthly appointments in San Francisco. It is a historic setting that I think you will all enjoy.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can I ask why these are always on a weeknight and not weekend (no snark)?

It's pretty simple. We tend to get a better turnout for most of these events on a Wed or Thursday evening. From a logistics perspective attendance has been growing at Meetups, it is very hard to find places to eat that can accommodate a crowd of well dressed guys on a walk-in basis or who will be flexible about reservations. Most places I've contacted in the last year want a significant $$$ guarantee on weekends when I tell them we will have 20+. We can try an event on a Saturday evening in the future but I'll need some help in researching options for dinner that don't require a guarantee.

If you have any specific recommendations or wish to help in organizing future events, feel free to PM me. Suggestions are always welcome.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SInce this is the 5 year anniversary of the very first Bay Area Styleforum Meetup originally organized by Binge I think we should all chip in a buy him one of these :)

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

de Seingalt

Reaction score
Always good to see Mr. Ying. confirm that you are coming this time, and I'll wear my bespoke nudie suit in your honor...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SInce this is the 5 year anniversary of the very first Bay Area Styleforum Meetup originally organized by Binge I think we should all chip in a buy him one of these :)

is that a size 5? can Binge fit in those? to be fair though, that is a nice shade of walnut.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads