• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sales in Europe

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, les soldes started in France. My mom went with the intention of shopping for herself and for my son, but ended up only getting clothing for my son, as it was too crazy: Wednesdays are days off school, so many people take that day off as well to be with their children. At one point, my mom says she was embushed by 5 strollers, but she still managed to reach for a pair of black corduroy pants by stretching (thank goodness for her yoga classes) over a table covered with scarves, winter hats and gloves, all in a pile. She was prepared, had low heel shoes and wore a backpack-style handbag.

are any of you planning to participate in the mêlÃ
00a9.png
e?
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
are any of you planning to participate in the mêlÃ
00a9.png
e?
smile.gif

For my sins, maybe.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Went to the Charvet sales with É****** (NOT banned) and found that, as before, they have many, many V-neck cashmeres on sale for 150 euros (made by Pringle, Hawick or one or two others), a few 6-plies for 450 euros (a good price, all things considered). Lots of shirts including dozens with one person's monogram -- JPB -- who ordered and never picked them up. Lots of their regrettably banal French-made shoes for 145 euros. A woven silk Saharienne jacket in EU 50 (US 40). A woven silk smoking jacket with the incredible braided tassels for 900 euros, down from over 2000. Boxers, 1970s-1980s-pattern sea island cotton knits, women's shirtdresses and shirts, and of course, many, many ties... including some seven-folds hidden away for the same price. I took one unlined seven fold, one normal tie, and a pair of their suede house slippers (half price, 70 euros). They have shocking pink house slippers in extra small if anyone wants them. É****** (NOT banned) took a double four-fold tie in a beautiful heavy weave. We left one seven-fold for the rest of you -- if you can find it (diabolical laughter)...

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tu le frÃ
00a9.png
quentes ? Et ta rÃ
00a9.png
putation, alors ? Or maybe it's in the context of a Big Brother program?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Tu le frÃ
00a9.png
quentes ? Et ta rÃ
00a9.png
putation, alors ? Or maybe it's in the context of a Big Brother program?

00a9.png
non... É****** (NOT banned) n'est pas E***** (banned).

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
É****** (NOT banned) took a double four-fold tie in a beautiful heavy weave.
Right now I am wearing my new 6-plies cashmere sweater and slowly stroking my new double four-fold tie.
We left one seven-fold for the rest of you -- if you can find it (diabolical laughter)...
And be quick about it too, I might just change my mind...

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J'ai achetÃ
00a9.png
des belles choses dans les soldes ici en Suisse...

Je fais profiter les confrères du forum sur le "Buying and Selling" forum

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Je fais profiter les confrères du forum sur le "Buying and Selling" forum
T'en profites aussi, n'est-ce pas? T'es bien un Suisse...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads