• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
or just ask if can sell here but mention the item regardless.

then add a price in brackets or something at the end.

Tim Burmeister

Reaction score
I am 187 cm 70 kg and I wear teddy size 46. I guess you are a muscular build like SirGrotius seems to think.

May be this post can help : https://www.styleforum.net/threads/saint-laurent-paris-official-thread.317702/page-1297#post-9149374

My photos here : https://www.styleforum.net/media/albums/saint-laurent-teddy-jacket-fit-2017.736442/

Thanks for all the input on the teddy. This is a fit pic of the teddy in size 50...
I think 48 would be too small... What do you guys think? Thanks :)
IMG_1828.JPG

OhMe

Reaction score
You should be able to normally close a jacket even if you want to wear it open. If there is pulling when you close it, it's not the good size.

This is what I think, but I know a lot of people will disagree.

Bill H

Reaction score
Oh good one; I was wondering about this myself. I have three jackets, two of which look ridiculous closed (riders) and another I can't even close ha! I have to be honest, I think they are fine as is. But it is a question I have wondered about and I don't know if I would apply it to a Teddy.

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
If there's any pulling at all with the teddy, just size up. It's meant to be worn boxy and with a idgaf attitude.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, pulling is usually not a good sign although with the leather bikers I think they're supposed to be worn open mostly anyway so sizing down is better to avoid the dad-jacket look.

Omareezy

Reaction score
Hi guys please

I would like to ask you if slp store gives some birthday voucher or some XX% off. Because I want to buy L01 but 3,6K eur its lot of money and its nice to save some money. I was in store a month ago and registered as a client there. Thanks

Jipz

Reaction score
Hi guys please

I would like to ask you if slp store gives some birthday voucher or some XX% off. Because I want to buy L01 but 3,6K eur its lot of money and its nice to save some money. I was in store a month ago and registered as a client there. Thanks

Haha please ask this to a store associate and report back

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim - the varsity looks great. I wouldn't worry too much about the other sizes. You might be able to pull off the 48 in SF world, but the forum (including me) is skewed to the skinnier fit. I might not rock so many layers of shirting underneath. 52 would be too big. Already the arms are on the bulky side to my eye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads