• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

karyuman

Reaction score
just picked up two pairs of slp jeans. Could I get these auth checked? IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the sneakers, I notice that the new ones have a stiffer tongue. I think this is mainly because it is now two pieces of leather now. The original ones had the underside of one piece of leather act as the back of the tongue. Now is this good or bad, I don’t know how to judge. I just know that it is less bendable when walking. The optic white leather and off white leather for sl01h definitely are different. I feel like the older pairs used a leather that was more prone to creases than the newer leather, but I don’t know if that’s true for everyone's experience.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New SL 01 aren't as nice. They fit smaller in the toe box too. They still do the job but just like many other items the changes have not been for the better.

DocJimbo

Reaction score
I just got the new baggy jeans in raw black denim from the SS 18 "preorder" selection.
https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...y-jeans-in-raw-black-denim_cod13107898ij.html

I was surprised when it shipped right away. The denim is selvage and decent weight. A bit heavier than some of the recent black denim I've seen from them. The cut is only baggy for SLP. It's more of a taper with an 18cm leg opening, and a 501 kind of upper block with medium rise and room below the seat. It's marked D16 M/BG-LW

Not traditional SLP, but on trend for the looser denim fits. I'm glad to see some raw selvedge since that's where I started years ago with them. I think it's going to be one of my favorites.

SpencerA

Reaction score
I've probably missed the boat on these jeans, but is it possible to get a denim fit similar to this, these days? (attached image)
I believe the pair shown in the image are probably a modified and really slim D01 (owing to the straight leg silhouette from the knee down)
Basically what I'm trying to find is something with a mid/higher waist, skinny to the knee, then straight cut to the ankle - does this sort of fit still exist from Saint Laurent? Or something specific I could look for on ebay/grailed? I'm not adverse to other brands that offer something comparable.

Saint-Laurent-Spring-2016-Menswear-001.jpg

edgar-pr

Reaction score
Anyone own the Nevada 20 Lace up boots in Cigar (size 43) and selling? Been searching high and low to no avail.
14369065_672731669545353_387744845709443072_n.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate here: my question is about classic peacoat cut and how it changed over Hedi's tenure. I would imagine FW 13 is the best (it has to be it is FW13!!), but from reading old posts it seemed to get boxier with lower arm holes for FW 14. So my question is, if I am looking for a peacoat, would you recommend I wait to find a FW 13 or if I sized appropriately would FW14 or FW 15 be similar. Basically, how different are the cuts over the seasons and do you recommend waiting until a specific year comes on the market or is one actually similar to the next... any thoughts are appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads