• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
@therattler, @Isolar thanks, gents...appreciate it. I am tempted because I can get the suit for around $1300 BNWT, which seems like a deal but don't really know if the canvassed/half-canvassed thing would bug me, honestly.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_0141.JPG

Shirt/boots.

People here acting like the design team for most of the men's stuff isn't the same as it was under Hedi. :dozingoff:

Last edited:

mysterion

Reaction score
Hemming these D02s to the length shown on picture would be much better right? And tailors should be able to hem/shorten them and keep the "original hem" right?
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hemming these D02s to the length shown on picture would be much better right? And tailors should be able to hem/shorten them and keep the "original hem" right?
View attachment 633780 View attachment 633782

Looks way better on the right (hemmed), is there a particular reason you want the original hem? Why not just have the color match the stitching?

mysterion

Reaction score
Looks way better on the right (hemmed), is there a particular reason you want the original hem? Why not just have the color match the stitching?
I mean the bottom part of the jeans where there is some distressing etc. I would say just to them just to match the stitching, I dont mind that. But I want to keep the bottom "hem" as it looks much better with the original distressing.

dl123

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is the same jean right? One is from Antonioli, one from Luisaviaroma. About $400 AUD cheaper at Antonioli so I just want to make sure it's the same model!

samejean.jpg

Othello

Reaction score
Before and after, don't crucify me! Xacto knife'd my suede harnesses and I think they look better this way, a lot more versatile. Ill admit you can see where they were cut & it kind of looks bad w/ the up close pic but not really noticeable when wearing.
IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2726.JPG

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Before and after, don't crucify me! Xacto knife'd my suede harnesses and I think they look better this way, a lot more versatile. Ill admit you can see where they were cut & it kind of looks bad w/ the up close pic but not really noticeable when wearing.
View attachment 679334 View attachment 679335

So much cleaner. The harness only looks good from the side. Head on it's looks goofy.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@therattler, @Isolar thanks, gents...appreciate it. I am tempted because I can get the suit for around $1300 BNWT, which seems like a deal but don't really know if the canvassed/half-canvassed thing would bug me, honestly.

Hey Prudy - I'm familiar with SLP suits. Love the cut, and yes, they're half canvassed, which is fine for $1300 and is common. Dior suits are fully canvassed, and they feel different to be honest, but they're also around $2500+. There is a sense that the suits start to fit me better with time (fully canvassed), but that might be my imagination.

It's annoying that SLP has such great blazers but didn't go all out with the suits.

mayastig

Reaction score
T
I mean the bottom part of the jeans where there is some distressing etc. I would say just to them just to match the stitching, I dont mind that. But I want to keep the bottom "hem" as it looks much better with the original distressing.

Tailors should be able to keep the original hem. It looks cleaner with it IMO and keeps the original look

mwn11

Reaction score
Is there a way to find the gallery for this thread now? Used to be on the side and can't seem to find it after the changes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52