• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

intouch1

Reaction score
if its an accessories boutique only, you'll be out of luck.
it would have to be a store carrying the full line.

if you are a good or vip client your SA will be able to source most everything for you. without you even being commited to buy.

usually the SA request the items for the buyer for the region.

for example, there was no blood luster L17 allocated to the boutique I buy from....I asked for it and they got it in for me.

my experience is that they will really go out of their way to provide you with the best service.

I see you are from hamburg. you would have to order from the berlin store. you can do that by phone and you transfer the funds and they send you anything you want.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas where one could find a pair of FW13 grey destroyed denim? I'm seeing these all over IG these days :embar:

floryn81

Reaction score
Tried both versions of L01 at SLP store and finally bought the calf one. First 3 pictures are calf, last 2 lamb. I love the vintage effect (aged leather) of calf version and also L01 in calf is very rare, but the leather is very hard and strong and I am not comfortable, especially when I try to up my arms. However, the fit is really amazing. I don't know if exchange with lamb version or keep the calf. The fit in the new lamb version is about the same (very skinny) but the leather more soft so much more comfortable. I always wear 44 in SLP leathers cause I am very skinny. What are your opinions and what model you [ATTACHMENT=14287][ATTACHMENT=14288][ATTACHMENT=14289][ATTACHMENT=14290][ATTACHMENT=14291]IMG_2524.JPG (1,665k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

plstcpssn

Reaction score

if its an accessories boutique only, you'll be out of luck.
it would have to be a store carrying the full line.

if you are a good or vip client your SA will be able to source most everything for you. without you even being commited to buy.

usually the SA request the items for the buyer for the region.

for example, there was no blood luster L17 allocated to the boutique I buy from....I asked for it and they got it in for me.

my experience is that they will really go out of their way to provide you with the best service.

I see you are from hamburg. you would have to order from the berlin store. you can do that by phone and you transfer the funds and they send you anything you want.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I've bought from the Berlin boutique before since it's the only store around here offering men's collections and they usually offer great service. Will give it a shot!

Gabujabu

Reaction score
Tried both versions of L01 at SLP store and finally bought the calf one. First 3 pictures are calf, last 2 lamb. I love the vintage effect (aged leather) of calf version and also L01 in calf is very rare, but the leather is very hard and strong and I am not comfortable, especially when I try to up my arms. However, the fit is really amazing. I don't know if exchange with lamb version or keep the calf. The fit in the new lamb version is about the same (very skinny) but the leather more soft so much more comfortable. I always wear 44 in SLP leathers cause I am very skinny. What are your opinions and what model you

I have the L01 in size 44 in calf leather and think it's great, and it's comfortable enough for me (I am 5'6", 128 lbs though). It has a bit of a rugged look without being contrived, like some pre-distressed versions of the jacket. I briefly tried one in lamb leather in the store (albeit in 46) and personally prefer the calf. Another thing that I really like about the calf leather is its durability. Especially given the cost of the item and the fact that it is unknown what its future will be with a new creative director, I thought that the calf leather would serve me better in the long-term.

Last edited:

floryn81

Reaction score

I have the L01 in size 44 in calf leather and think it's great, and it's comfortable enough for me (I am 5'6", 128 lbs though). It has a bit of a rugged look without being contrived, like some pre-distressed versions of the jacket. I briefly tried one in lamb leather in the store (albeit in 46) and personally prefer the calf. Another thing that I really like about the calf leather is its durability. Especially given the cost of the item and the fact that it is unknown what its future will be with a new creative director, I thought that the calf leather would serve me better in the long-term.

Thanks. Other opinions please?

Randeep

Reaction score
I prefer the L01 in the classic juicy buttery lambs leather. To me L01 looks classy anyway so I prefer it to not look rugged, whereas I could be swayed the other way with an L17. I don't know about newer calf L17's but the FW13 was way too structured/rugged for my liking.

Why do you care if the calf is a rarer iteration? I wouldn't let that sway me (different for boots).

I noticed you posted pics on FB asking what version Hedi was wearing... probably lamb since I think calf is only new to this season/last season.

The calf I would guess (get confirmation) loosen up with time so if it's tight now it'll be more comfortable later. Fit looks good with it. Personally I'd sacrifice a certain level of personal comfort if it looks better and you don't look like you're uncomfortable in it. I'm never going to stretching my arms that much in leathers and I'm careful not to flex too much in my jackets (i.e. go handsfree instread of holding phone to ear) only cos I'd rather not stretch the elbows out unnecessarily.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hedi-slimane.jpg

Tight is good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads