• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

filcol

Reaction score
Really want a L01/L17 right now but can't pull the trigger. It's just a lot of money for a piece of clothing, thinking of getting the Acne Gibson instead. But it doesn't feel like a real alternative

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there ARE no alternatives, SLP biker is the best in the world, just drop the cash knowing that if you have the dough ready don't hesitate.

the only time anyone should get alternative is to wear while saving for the grail of all grails.

scanner

Reaction score
there ARE no alternatives, SLP biker is the best in the world, just drop the cash knowing that if you have the dough ready don't hesitate.

the only time anyone should get alternative is to wear while saving for the grail of all grails.

I don't agree with this. Having owned an L01, L17 and a few other of the classic riders and twists, I think what I love most about SLP is that I've learned to appreciate many of the original classics like Schott and especially the more recent Japanese repro brands.
Sure, SLP is grail worthy, but it's no different from what Raf did when he tweaked Fostex and military grade jackets and added some patches on top.

My L01 didn't last as long as I hoped it would. It's a delicate item. Most of my SLP items have gone to repair, even their $375 T-Shirts have holes in them after about 5 wears in under a year. Not something I was thrilled about, but the point is that Hedi is just re-creating a foundation of which most other brands are following. He simply took a luxury brand and gave it the youthful attitude high fashion needed. Even Rick Owens is cutting his jackets and t-shirts closer to the hip. I used to think Full SLP was the way to go, but there are so many other great brands and finds available now everywhere that it's a bit obnoxious to say that there are no other alternatives, considering SLP is comprised of reproductions and inspirations in general.

Lastly, My personal and very skewed viewpoint experience is that most of the sick biker jackets that i see out in the wild I assume are Hedi and end up being just simple Schott jackets maybe tweaked and tailored. Hedi makes a great jacket, but it would be a naive and juvenile to think that his design is the best in the world. And i think this is also a big problem with fashion. Why can't we just enjoy the plethora of options available to us?

echau

Reaction score
@onlyslp, they are washed black.

On the jacket debate, I find that if you really want something, you'll buy it eventually, even if you buy an alternative in the meantime. Why not just get what you really want to begin with?

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want a L01/L17 right now but can't pull the trigger. It's just a lot of money for a piece of clothing, thinking of getting the Acne Gibson instead. But it doesn't feel like a real alternative

Don't get an Acne jacket if what you want is a SLP. Especially since an Acne jacket is a quite expensive alernative already. Also Fok said once that he had to return an Acne jacket once because the leather was so bad, and I think it was a Gibson.

Whenever I've tried to get a cheaper alternative of something I really liked, I've ended up spending more money as I bought the alternative and ended up buying the real deal.

It depends on how badly you want something, though. For example I kinda like suede jodhpurs but I don't really want a pair at all cost and I'm not sure if I'd pull them off, so I'll probably get some SeF even though the design on SLP is better. If that were the case with jackets you have Falcon or the upcoming SF x Luxire collab. They're like 50% cheaper than Acne and very probably higher quality. And MTM, if you need it, you could even get the measurements of a SLP.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@filcol I highly recommend looking into the John Elliott riders jacket. I have worn back to back with a size 44 01 and the fit is exactly the same. Leather is incredible, RIRi hardware and looks incredible layered, zipped or worn open. People people stop me all time asking about it and a client asked to try it on last week hahah.I'm still getting an 01 but am very glad I have it in my collection

@scanner when you have a sec can you elaborate a bit about the 01 not lasting long? Just curious before I buy .

dddibakar

Reaction score
i have had my L01 for 2 years now, it seems to still be almost the same way as it was 2 years back except for all the general leather stuff like stretch and leather creasing marks. The shine of the L01 is still there. All these things maybe because I haven't worn it as much unlike @scanner and I also take pretty good care of it. FYI: I am 5'8" I wear the size 44.

slann01

Reaction score
@filcol I highly recommend looking into the John Elliott riders jacket. I have worn back to back with a size 44 01 and the fit is exactly the same. Leather is incredible, RIRi hardware and looks incredible layered, zipped or worn open. People people stop me all time asking about it and a client asked to try it on last week hahah.I'm still getting an 01 but am very glad I have it in my collection

@scanner when you have a sec can you elaborate a bit about the 01 not lasting long? Just curious before I buy .

Always wanted to try the John Elliott one as it looks really sturdy and well fitting, but in Europe I think no stores stock it :(

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly recommended the John Elliott rider myself. It's great quality and great fit. The summer version just came out and they have this out in the fall.

Prudy

Reaction score
Some observations on the leathers, others may disagree...IMO the standard SLP L01 is often a bit flimsy for the price tag, though I understand the quality this season is better. My favorite leathers they've put out the past few years have been the seasonal offerings, usually in calf leather. Overall I think it's the nature of the material, though - calf is generally going to wear tougher/better over time and probably look better (lamb looks good off the rack but doesn't usually wear as well over time).

If you're after a beater/everyday leather I would also suggest the vintage or schott, etc. route or find a SLP calf leather second hand. Also, SLP cuts aren't for everybody (cropped) and it's more important to get the fit right in the long run. In my case, the L01 has never fit me all that well, I usually have to size down to get the right fit the the shoulders/arms and then the jacket ends up being way too short for me in the body (I'm 6'). The seasonal calf leathers tend to be cropped as well but are proportional and fit TTS so they look good.

Just my .02 cents. Also, this thread has way too much suede and not enough animal print.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads