1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

same. in a bigger size seem very long when looking down on them (which is how you'll see them 99% of the time).

would be better with the seams like on the website pictures; would break them up a little.

2. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

How do Santiags fit in comparison to Wyatts?

My fringe suede ones are a 44, debating between the gold Wyatts from SS16 or the leopard print Santiags if I can find them in decent condition

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Just added some SS16 Wyatts and denim to our B&S. Want someone from our thread to take advantage. Quick sale since I need the funds for new project.

Cheers

4. rebirth12

rebirth12 Well-Known Member

Avenue Montaigne is the biggest one i think, i liked the attention i recieved at Printemps better though

5. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

Black Calf Chelsea Wyatt or Black Calf Devon. Chelsea boots are a classic style and because of its lack of hardware and overall lack of detailing make it ideal to be worn with suits (like the Beatles). Both the Devon Wyatt/Hedi styles definitely have more attitude and edge to them than something someone from the Men's Classic section would probably wear, just enough to make them special. All of these things make them appropriate for denim too. To me there's nothing more classic.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I think I agree regarding the sole, though I wouldn't be against having one pair of Devons in rotation. While all pointed boots will appear a bit long in larger sizes, I don't think they look as strange from the perspective of others as they do when you are looking down at them. I'm actually rather surprised they aren't selling well. I wonder if it has to do with people stocking up on jods/Wyatts prior to Vaccarello.

Black calf chelseas would be the absolute most versatile. I really think everybody needs one pair. As Morningstar said, the lack of hardware increases their versatility, in the same way fewer seams would (think brogues vs. oxfords). You can probably get about as much wear out of suede or jods, but no other pair has that same balance of elegance and rock & roll cool.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  7. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Yeah, I'd agree. Sole isn't ideal, but I like the silhouette. Doesn't seem especially or oddly elongating to me, at least as compared to other SLPs.

8. thorns

thorns Senior member

Yeah the silhouette and profile does look pretty nice!
    [​IMG]

9. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

G-Eazy is selling SLP hard. It's a shame his music is trash.

10. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, G-Eazy's music isn't half bad for bangers ans what not. he just raps about the same shit, but his older stuff is hella chill. His VMA fit was fire, albeit I'm not a fan of the fully unbuttoned shirt.

11. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

this is painfully awkward and I hope you don't talk like this in real life(no offense)

1 person likes this.
  12. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

lmao the fuck is wrong with it
    sorry I'm not going to be formal af on a forum about clothes

2 people like this.
  13. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

Other than the black calf devon chelseas I can't see someone adding a pair of devons in their rotation unless they always wear a dress shirt
    I was at the slp store to pick up something I pre-ordered today and tried on a pair of black python devons. I was wearing a pair of black trash denim and they looked okay...but it felt that the devons were too dressy to be paired with ripped denims or just in a casual outfit in general.......And even if I was wearing a pair of black raws I still think the look is way better with a dress shirt
    I really liked the black python devons though so if anyone is thinking about picking up a pair I would say it's worth it

14. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

thought i'd have a look at what he was wearing

[​IMG]

lol

15. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

While I haven't tried them yet, if I did end up grabbing a pair, it would likely be for dressier outfits like you mentioned. I think they could serve that look well, like in the shows. The python pair look pretty slick, I have to say. They're just harder to track down.

16. therattler

therattler Senior member

that moron is only wearing the shirt unbuttoned because you have to size up at least two to get it done up.

17. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and 39" chest, but two of FW16 shirts I tried on were tiny in a Large; the viscose shirts fit relaxed/normal however.

It was also pretty humid and around 83F in NYC.

He wore the studded biker and sparkle Wyatts for his stage performance with Britney Spears

The velvet look isn't how I would do it, but other than styling preference I don't see anything offensive. Theres nothing more rock and roll than a IDGAF attitude. Outfit kind of reminds me of Jim Morrison or Robert Plant.

18. therattler

therattler Senior member

ive yet to see that velvet shirt done well. so far it has only looked cool under the fur on the runway. I would've bought it but on it didn't work for me on its own or under leather/blazer. I look forward to someone pulling it off.

I do like that snake belt.

19. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

3 great 'rock gods'. jim morrison, robert plant, and erm...g easy.

1 person likes this.
  20. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@Jbidwal it is not as plush as the Bordeaux..lower pile but the saturation of the black is very nice. I actually talk with someone in the SL textile depth and she said it took forever to find the right one and that its was extremely expensive. My SA actually texted me yesterday from his vacation in Europe (good service) to let me know they had landed so I'll be picking them up this week and will be sure to post. Only THREE in my size for all of the US market.

@therattler I agree on the size front..they do look a bit more sleek small. These were a 40 and I'm actually a 39. I think I'd may want one pair of the devons but have not fallen in love (tried the black suede Chelsea style ones as well) as I haven't tried my size. Over all prefer the shape of the wyatts,Heidi's ,Chelsea's etc.