• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my pair from LVR which I preordered them few months ago. The fit and the distress on mine are pretty good, still not the same as the stock photo but I'm actually pretty happy with mine. I'm kinda shock at the inconsistency coming from SLP.

anyway here is the pic actual pair I received (left), preorder stock photo (right)

Yours look better than the stock photo

mcking

Reaction score
What's everyone's experiences like at the SLP boutiques? I have had great experiences in midtown Manhattan and other locations (KOP, LA and Paris), however, in their SoHo the sales persons are always clustered chatting and not seemingly interested in selling clothes. Really weird vibe. Maybe just a one-off thing.
I've had identical experience as you with in midtown manhattan, costa mesta, and soho. Soho is the worst. You might get one of the associates attention if you stand there long enough while staring at them. Everywhere else I've been, the staff has been awesome. Def not a one-off thing.

side note - extremely disappointed in this season's denim. the D02s are much bigger than previous seasons. even the associate who was helping me said the same thing. i wish they would stay more consistent with their measurements. the destroyed denim came out horrible in both black and blue.

Last edited:

Thatsteez

Reaction score
Midtown - Great. Helpful
London - Great. That British charm.
Paris (Avenue Montaigne) - didn't know their ****/no greeting.
Paris (Rue de Faubourg) - extremely helpful and polite.

The most inconsistent is definitely SoHo. Anybody catch that young blonde girl, early 20s? Always looks miserable. There are some helpful associates there. You can kind of just tell by the way they look at you how helpful they'll be.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Staff in all of the London stores are excellent. I've had multiple items transferred for me (including inexpensive items, and on one occasion more than one size in one item for me to choose between), they are always friendly and give good advice, they know the collections pretty well, and tolerate my terrible indecisiveness. Some also wear the clothes very well, which can be great for getting ideas of how to wear certain pieces.

I also have to say that my experience with customer service with the online store has been excellent too. The lady that deals with customer service enquiries is always pleasant to deal with, and couldn't do enough to help when UPS lost a pair of boots from one of my orders that was re-wrapped at one of their depots.

I don't have experience with stores in any other areas, other than briefly browsing one of the stores in Tokyo which was also a pretty positive experience.

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
I actually just wanna rep the L.A. store for a second. Not only do they literally have the most stock of any SLP store in the world, but every S.A. is not only super great as a person, but totally knows and loves the brand, and actually live the SLP lifestyle. Half the fun of going to the L.A. store is seeing what the S.A.s are wearing that day.

jwoowoo

Reaction score
Just got in my new coat. It's awesome!

Gustave

Reaction score
Black turned out pretty cool (nicer than sample photos). Blue - not so much.

I agree too. I would have get one if it doesn't have those paint/paint effect on the jeans. I somehow feel that the color of those paint does not match with the denim itself (well just an opinion). I've bought the 15.5 black jeans in 13AW with 1 side of the knee ripped, it has the same paint effect as this black destroyed denim. I just feel that may be the jeans would look better to me without those paint.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads