• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And have you been tending to size up and have alterations made, or stay with the smaller size? The 50 is really quite big for me, so I'm thinking to go with the 48, as I probably won't button it often anyway. It's strange because I'm very comfortably medium / 39 / 48 across the board, except for blazers. I take 29 in jeans as well, so the contrast between the 50 jacket and 29 jeans looks quite big.

Gustave

Reaction score
I love the deep pockets. gonna come in real handy when the iPhone 6/6+ comes out.

It's bad enough that my iPhone 5 sticks out of the front pockets in my black raw and waxed D01's.

Hi everyone,
talking about shallow pockets, does everyone notice that the front pockets of the skinny jeans are more shallow each season?
I've bought 2 washed skinny jeans in 13AW and their front pockets are fine, deep enough to fit my iPhone.
Then I've bought a black waxed jeans in 14SS, the front pocket are becoming shallow but still I can deal with it.

But then I've bought the biker jeans that re-released in 14SS(April), the front pockets are even shallow than that black waxed jeans...
It is so shallow that I have to put my iPhone horizontally and it just barely unseen...... T.T"
This is the reason I've bought the biker jeans for so long and still haven't wear it once. I wanted to get the pockets extend by the tailor but the size I bought is very fit size and I'm afraid it will make it even tighter after tailor fix, I should have bought 1 size up if I knew they have such shallow pockets.

And one last question to the guys who've bought the biker jeans in 13AW when they first released, does your biker jeans have shallow front pockets too? or the biker jeans wasn't that shallow in the 13AW version and only the 14 ones have such problem?

P.S. sorry for the typo before, just edited it. Its 13AW and 14SS not 03 and 04 T.T'

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have experience with most of those models. However, I have all of the made in Japan 15.5cm / 16cm black raw jeans from SS13 through to this season. This season's ones are the first to have shallow pockets, and I really dislike it (the cut is great however, one of the best versions yet). I have no idea why they would make that change. I also have the bleached jeans from SS14 and those have fairly shallow pockets too (same as all of the made in Italy ones that I've tried).

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

Hi everyone,
talking about shallow pockets, does everyone notice that the front pockets of the skinny jeans are more shallow each season?
I've bought 2 washed skinny jeans in 03AW and their front pockets are fine, deep enough to fit my iPhone.
Then I've bought a black waxed jeans in 04SS, the front pocket are becoming shallow but still I can deal with it.

But then I've bought the biker jeans that re-released in 04SS(April), the front pockets are even shallow than that black waxed jeans...
It is so shallow that I have to put my iPhone horizontally and it just barely unseen...... T.T"
This is the reason I've bought the biker jeans for so long and still haven't wear it once. I wanted to get the pockets extend by the tailor but the size I bought is very fit size and I'm afraid it will make it even tighter after tailor fix, I should have bought 1 size up if I knew they have such shallow pockets.

And one last question to the guys who've bought the biker jeans in 03AW when they first released, does your biker jeans have shallow front pockets too? or it wasn't that shallow in the 03AW version and only the 04 ones have such problem?

The only one I have noticed particularly shallow pockets on is the biker denim from this season. A/W 13 definitely has the most deep pockets though IMO.

Last edited:

Gustave

Reaction score
I don't have experience with most of those models. However, I have all of the made in Japan 15.5cm / 16cm black raw jeans from SS13 through to this season. This season's ones are the first to have shallow pockets, and I really dislike it (the cut is great however, one of the best versions yet). I have no idea why they would make that change. I also have the bleached jeans from SS14 and those have fairly shallow pockets too (same as all of the made in Italy ones that I've tried).

The only one I have noticed particularly shallow pockets on is the biker denim from this season. A/W 13 definitely has the most shallow pockets though IMO.

Sorry for the typo, I mean 13AW and 14 SS... I've just edited my original post, sorry for the confusion.
And by skinny jeans I mean 15-16.5cm "SK" model. So far all these jeans I've bought are made in Italy.
Still haven't try any black skinny jeans that made in Japan so far so not sure about how depth is their front pockets.

I've only tried the biker jeans that release on 14SS and this season. I don't know anyone who has bought those who first release in 13AW so just wondering if that batch have such tiny pockets as well or they are as big as all other skinny jeans in that season.
Because I haven't heard anyone who complain about this front pockets issue of biker jeans before but it's really killing me.
I don't carry a pouch, I normally just place my phone in the front pocket but that biker jeans I've bought can't hide my phone perfectly. As a matter of fact I haven't own any pair of jeans have such shallow pockets. When I first tried on this biker jeans, for a moment I thought they hand me a female version by mistake but then I checked the chain is in Silver and not Gold.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a good chance that it's just this season. Are they made in Japan or Italy? As I mentioned, the AW14 skinny black raw jeans are the first to have shallow pockets (and they are very shallow). All other seasons before had the full pockets, so it may run across all models.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a good chance that it's just this season. Are they made in Japan or Italy? As I mentioned, the AW14 skinny black raw jeans are the first to have shallow pockets (and they are very shallow). All other seasons before had the full pockets, so it may run across all models.

Well the black waxed are made in italy and the black raw's are made in japan. I'm positive they're the exact same jean and cut, and they just put the italy tag because of the wax process being done there, but regardless I don't think the origin has anything to do with it. Pretty sure all the jeans are sourced from Japan even if it says Italy, and the Italy tag is just added for post process treatments like shine/wax/distress/etc.

Edit - I forgot about washes, etc. which are italy and not japanese denim.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies to SLP, but for Dior MIJ has larger pockets than MII. I assumed this is because the Japanese love big phones and portable game systems. :)

Somatic

Reaction score
Were the SLP duffle coats new last season? Just weird they're only available from SLP directly so far this season.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's experiences like at the SLP boutiques? I have had great experiences in midtown Manhattan and other locations (KOP, LA and Paris), however, in their SoHo the sales persons are always clustered chatting and not seemingly interested in selling clothes. Really weird vibe. Maybe just a one-off thing.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midtown store, I concur, was a great experience. Got taken care of personally by the SA I had spoken to on the phone several times. Got brought into the tailoring area (was having a jacket taken in) and shown the new AW stuff that had just come in. Great vibe. Great people. Great stuff that was brought out to me and shown what was on sale.

The SoHo place was awful. Granted, I was running late and in a rush, but I asked what was on sale and they gave me a vague answer. They had hardly any stock of anything to begin with.

I don't know. I wouldn't have made a fuss or anything but seeing you asked I'd have to say it wasn't just a one-off thing.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting note. Exactly my same experience at the Midtown store. I recommend a SA Donald there who is fabulous.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collagentpremium