• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a peak lapel jacket i'm selling. I loved it but I don't ever wear them and impulse bought it on sale.

It's gorgeous, cut super slim but looks really sharp and modern. I'm pretty sure its full canvas. I tried the pinch method and felt 3 layers. There are shoulder pads which look a little awkward if you move your arms around a lot because of the tight sleeve but looks really cool otherwise. It does feel a little restrictive though as far as movement, especially in comparison to other jacket's I've checked out, but that could be because of the wool/full canvas construction.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome feedback. Thanks much. That does look gorgeous. I hear you about the restrictive aspect. i wear a 44 (IT) in Dior and you definitely know you're wearing a suit! ha

H Yang

Reaction score
did anyone here buy the ripped jeans with chains? I deeply regret not buying them now...

I bought them in blue. Was a tough decision because the price was extremely steep, but i was worried i'd regret not buying them and missing out....my bank balance is not looking too great as a result (happy with the jeans though, even if they are not the most practical thing to wear)

Potsnu

Reaction score
Stopped by Saint Laurent in SoHo, the store looks amazing. Very crappy service. The sneakers I wanted wasn't even displayed despite all the empty visual merchandising space available. I had to go up to a chick to get service and she got it for me and left me alone with no service.

Plus side, ran into Lenny Kravitz. This guy is super down to earth, cool cat. He wanted to autograph something for me, but we had nothing. I contemplated to sign my sneakers, but he advised otherwise lol. So we flip the box over hoping it would be white, nope.

Ended up doing black on black. He made the girl sales person go grab a Sharpie for him to sign.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now to ebay for $6000

darksmoke9

Reaction score
Hi guys —

I have a bit of an SLP sizing dilemma. I just bought the lambskin perfecto in size 42, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have gone for the 44 instead. The sales assistant at the Midtown store encouraged me to go with the smaller size, but I'm worried that it's too small in the shoulders & chest. (It's very snug.) I'm 5'9" and 125 lbs.

Sorry in advance about the mediocre pics.

Here's the 42:

Here's the 44:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep the 42, looks perfect and leather will stretch out over time. Also it is intended to look snug.

Tsuji

Reaction score
I have the same question - size 46 - but i feel like i could have sized up to a 48. main issue for me is sleeve length...okay with everything else, but the 48 was also the same sleeve length so...

what do you guys think?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice to see you post again @Tsuji.

Looks borderline to me - have pics of it closed?

Tsuji

Reaction score
I know...grrrrr - I can zip it up which is why i decided to go for the 46....o well i've been wearing it for a while now and it does stretch so i hope it'll just stretch more

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tsuji: looks fine up front, sleeve length is fine, I actually like the short sleeve length but the back is way too cropped. You can try a size up but I'm not sure that will be the solution. If you bought it at the boutique they should have someone there to help with alterations, which come free with purchase. For such an expensive jacket, you should definitely take advantage of their help.
It may also be just the style of the jacket. There are various riders, some are snugger and longer fitting and others are cropped and hang, like yours. If you did buy it at a boutique you should get it resolved asap as they only do exchanges for 7 or 14 days.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, just to add, the back looks way cropped to me, but it's not that bad and is the intended style. I just got a Rick stooges in my regular size and the back was ridiculously cropped, whereas every other rick jacket had a much longer cut, so it may just be how it's intended to look. I always say with leather, get your normal size, but don't be afraid to size down one since leather does stretch out quite a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads