Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Check out Ssense and MrPorter for whatever jeans they have available for sale, they have measurements and you can compare your pair to theirs. MrPorter also labels which jeans it is, 17cm, 19cm, etc...

2. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Well, do your jeans have a 14cm hem? Also, the 15.5cm jeans have a zip fly, while the 17.5cm jeans have a button fly.

3. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

Naw, mine are between 15 and 15.5 cm. I just talked to the guy again, and he clarified a few things up (he works in retail):

- the "raw" D02's from AW13 aren't as skinny, and have ~15.5 cm hem width
    - the "raw" D02's from SS14 are around 14.5 cm, and are cropped, relative to AW13
    - the distressed D02's from AW13 (bleached & ripped, chained, stained) have around 13-14 cm hem widths

So basically, there's quite a bit of variance in the jeans of the same cut among the different seasons, and within the same season. And my jeans have a zip fly. So from all of that, it looks like mine are the 15.5 cm cut. I actually just tried them on again, and folded the hem inwards to a length I'd want the jeans hemmed, and they look a LOT better than with them stacked. So I think I'll be keeping these :) thanks for your help, guys.

4. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i have two pairs of 15.5cm , both are size 28. one is coated black (porter) and one is raw (ssense).

i believe the hems are ~ 6" (~ 15.2cm). i'll try to take some measurements later this weekend. the waist on the coated black fit much more relaxed that the raws, but the legs fit about the same.

5. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/saint_laurent/indigo_blue_raw_denim_155cm_skinny_jeans/78554

My hem measurement is the same as yours, so if ^^those are the ones you got from Ssense, then I'm thinking that mine are those as well. I guess I was just a bit confused because everyone kept talking about how tight the 15.5 cm's are, and mine didn't seem too skinny (mine have a bit of room in the waist, I don't think but sizing down to 28 would've made the legs much skinnier).

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

yup, those are the raws i got from ssense. the waist does have some room on mine too. the cut is very slim, probably slimmer than most denim out there.

i'm a fairly skinny guy and this morning i put on my socks first before my jeans because otherwise it's hard to raise my knee. lol

7. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

haha yea, I'm pretty skinny too; I always put my socks on before my jeans… I guess from what I'd been reading, I was expecting these jeans to fit as skinny as, if not skinnier than, my Undercover FW13 frayed ribbed jeans (http://www.thirdlooks.com/wp-content/Images/FEB13/undercover-fw-13-6.jpg). But the Saint Laurents are skinnier than my Geller jeans, which are all I have apart from those Undercovers.

8. max-t

max-t Senior member

i tried on the stained/distressed black 15.5's in a 30 and could hardly get them on so i figured i'm a 31 in the cut. i ordered the ss14 black and medium blue 15.5's in 31, hoping they fit.

9. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

10. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Local LA peeps might want to check out this place - http://www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com/#!__page-6

Apparently this is where Hedi and his team created the new SLP denim. Notice some of the back pockets and stitching is quite similar to Hedi's new cut.

11. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

you guys that bought jackets from the fake ebayseller, what happened?
    some of you got trackingnumbers? Have you gotten your money back?

12. max-t

max-t Senior member

when i tried to cancel the order the next morning he gave me a tracking number. wonder what the hell he sent me? i called paypal and ebay and they said the money is on hold and not to worry. i'm still worried.

13. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

so you havent recieved anything yet?

14. foiegras99

foiegras99 Well-Known Member

I'll try to check it out. I wonder if they would do a SLP-like cut?

15. max-t

max-t Senior member

nope, italian tracking says the package left milan on the 22nd. nothing here yet. not sure what he put in there but i think the chances of it being an slp leather are like zero.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014