• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Im always concerned about fakes on the 2nd hand market. What sites do you use/trust? I would like to get a L17 at some point at the right price.

I've always been a huge fan of the customer service over at Vestiaire Collective, both as a seller and as a buyer. You have a 72 hour window to inspect the item and if it's in any way wrong you can send it back. My experience with Grailed has been complete dogass anytime I needed help. I have used Vinted as well but only as a seller so can't help you much with that one.

Mariannaf

Reaction score
Hi, can I get an LC on this denim shirt? I think it's a label from samples, but other clothes from the same collection also have two smaller rectangular ones, and the seller said that except for this one there are no others. Also, I haven't seen this shirt on the runway and I couldn't find the same one anywhere on the internet. 32331540-E450-452D-899A-84CB40FDD327.jpeg DF12902F-AB5E-4262-BA81-CC941E54D19A.jpeg D538DFED-C010-478D-9E8B-824F331A907D.jpeg 1EA1E3F3-0398-49BD-AFF6-400F586D5DFB.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen anything like it. The stitching around the interior tag looks a bit wide to me and the last tag is completely foreign looking, especially with no français, Kuroki KSA?? Seems so weird and from a supposed women's collection on top of something I don't recall seeing period at the time, so I'd hard pass.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of the customer service over at Vestiaire Collective, both as a seller and as a buyer. You have a 72 hour window to inspect the item and if it's in any way wrong you can send it back. My experience with Grailed has been complete dogass anytime I needed help. I have used Vinted as well but only as a seller so can't help you much with that one.
I really like vestiare as well. For some reason I did a google search for reviews of it a few weeks ago, and there's like a ton of negative ones. Now, clearly you have to make allowances for the fact that people are garbage, especially those who take the time to write a negative review online--but I did find that quite interesting regardless.

slpldr

Reaction score
TBH VC is a typical startup, and they do a lot of cost cutting. Authentication there seems is done by some ML algorithm, maybe based on photos, maybe on metadata, in person they just verify if contents correspond to the ad photos and declared condition, nothing else. VC is very good if you are familiar with brands and know how to legit check by photos (its quite easy). For handbags it's a hellhole, big hassle selling and buying, and most of complaints come from women who are buying handbags there. Some people are stupid enough to purchase something with stock photos - never ever do that, unless its a well known reseller like Balewink

Last edited:

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
Hi, can I get an LC on this denim shirt? I think it's a label from samples, but other clothes from the same collection also have two smaller rectangular ones, and the seller said that except for this one there are no others. Also, I haven't seen this shirt on the runway and I couldn't find the same one anywhere on the internet. View attachment 2130249 View attachment 2130251 View attachment 2130253 View attachment 2130255
The official release was from ss15 and looks to be longer.
IMG_4352.jpeg IMG_4355.png IMG_4356.jpeg IMG_4357.jpeg

For future reference:

I’ve seen sample tags like that before. If my memory serves correct I’ve only seen this style of tag on denim products which could be a sign that only certain factories use it, if that’s correct then It would explain why not all samples from the same season have it.
IMG_4351.jpeg
IMG_4348.jpeg

More often than not this is the style of tag you see on samples. Sometimes, but not always, the item will have both style of tags (this tag was on the same pants that the photo above comes from). No clue what the point of having both is but it happens.
IMG_4347.jpeg

Buying samples can be rather tricky as not all see the light of day, you really have to judge whether or not the piece is congruent with the idea of the collection it’s supposed to be a part of.

Last edited:

slpldr

Reaction score
Снимок экрана 2024-02-14 в 19.34.19.png

Anyone know how 505327 Grain de Poudre tuxedo fits, does it run small, or similar to other blazers? If you have it, can you please post your measurements.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous piece. I've tried it. Opted for Dior, not sure why, as SLP does look cooler. I went TTS, 44, it is cut slim, high arm holes, like the old-school jackets. The waist on the trousers is reasonable, but you'll need to have the seat adjusted most likely and some tapering for the pant legs despite it being a slim cut.

slpldr

Reaction score
Gorgeous piece. I've tried it. Opted for Dior, not sure why, as SLP does look cooler. I went TTS, 44, it is cut slim, high arm holes, like the old-school jackets. The waist on the trousers is reasonable, but you'll need to have the seat adjusted most likely and some tapering for the pant legs despite it being a slim cut.
was it from old seasons or recent?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe 2019, but was told doesn’t change much at all. I have some experience there as the new blazers fit like the old ones to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads