• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of SL blazers and they fit tight in the arms with high armholes, so I always get my exact size and am extraordinarily pleased (44, XS). For context, Celine blazers look like trash on me in my size, and unfortunately they don’t do 42 at least not in the US/EUR market that I know about. Dior blazers I also do 44 but are not tight just more drapey.

slpldr

Reaction score
I have a lot of SL blazers and they fit tight in the arms with high armholes, so I always get my exact size and am extraordinarily pleased (44, XS). For context, Celine blazers look like trash on me in my size, and unfortunately they don’t do 42 at least not in the US/EUR market that I know about. Dior blazers I also do 44 but are not tight just more drapey.
Do you know if Vaccarello's versions are looser?

One more questions to everybody - I wear 41 in all SLP boots (Wyatt's 40cm and Jodphurs 30cm), what size I should go for in sneakers? Nike Air Force 1 is 42 (US8.5) and Adidas Stan Smith 42 (US8.5), while my foot is exactly 26 cm.

WhyKay

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just joined the forum. I'm looking to get my first quality leather jacket and have been drooling over this one from YSL for a while. I've browsed the forum and the thread gallery to see if there was any feedback on it but not sure I found any.

Just tried this one, does anyone have feedback on this particular jacket? I tried the 48 which is my usual size:

What denim is this? The cut looks perfect

harlemriver

Reaction score
My style's actually very diverse. The slp style's only one of the pillars in my style. 99% of the time I wear oversized clothes. I wear slp style for special occasions. I'm not trying to force myself into it. I genuinely love it and think I look good in them and many people have complimented me irl. I agree that in some pics I don't look good and some of my items might not look good either, but I still think I can wear slp:)

On the very rare occasion that I visit this forum, I am always reminded why I almost never visit this forum: there is some serious thinly veiled toxicity going on.

Daniel, re: the first pic you posted, I don’t think you need to “burn” the jeans and you certainly don’t need to lose 20 pounds. Still photos rarely fully portray one’s outfit. I’m sure it looks very compelling IRL. But even then, I like how it fits on you in the photo and the white socks I can tell are a deliberate throwback. It’s cute.

Body shaming someone that is most likely at a good weight for themselves is a 🚩. Also, many people enjoy the look of ‘filling out’ one’s jeans.

Y’all are taking this stuff way too seriously. Most of us aren’t getting paid to do this, it’s not our livelihood trade and don’t have full-time stylist. We enjoy style and are fans - it’s a hobby. If you don’t like someone else’s outfit (or even your own), give grace, relax and fall back. I guarantee you can take it all off at the end of the day. Clothes aren’t tattoos.

Geez Louise, I came on here to just see if anyone had bought some of the more experimental/avant-garde silk shirts, and I’m bombarded with excess negativity. Have mercy.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
On the very rare occasion that I visit this forum, I am always reminded why I almost never visit this forum: there is some serious thinly veiled toxicity going on.

Daniel, re: the first pic you posted, I don’t think you need to “burn” the jeans and you certainly don’t need to lose 20 pounds. Still photos rarely fully portray one’s outfit. I’m sure it looks very compelling IRL. But even then, I like how it fits on you in the photo and the white socks I can tell are a deliberate throwback. It’s cute.

Body shaming someone that is most likely at a good weight for themselves is a 🚩. Also, many people enjoy the look of ‘filling out’ one’s jeans.

Y’all are taking this stuff way too seriously. Most of us aren’t getting paid to do this, it’s not our livelihood trade and don’t have full-time stylist. We enjoy style and are fans - it’s a hobby. If you don’t like someone else’s outfit (or even your own), give grace, relax and fall back. I guarantee you can take it all off at the end of the day. Clothes aren’t tattoos.

Geez Louise, I came on here to just see if anyone had bought some of the more experimental/avant-garde silk shirts, and I’m bombarded with excess negativity. Have mercy.
Not sure if you're talking about my comments specifically but because Daniels post you quoted is a response to me I'll respond anyway.

Let's not pretend like my negative comments on Wyatt's that don't fit and jacket sleeves that he literally has to stretch out are in any way more toxic than all the toxic positivity on this forum. I'd argue being direct in these cases is way more helpful than jerking each other off and realizing later on that we actually wasted a lot of money on **** that doesn't fit or doesn't look good. Also he said he was underweight, I pointed out that likely wasn't true. This seems like an important distinction.

I think we share some of the same views when it comes to fashion but come on.

podsjudki

Reaction score
hi folks, could you have a look on the l01 tags and tell me if it is legit and how do i tell if it is womens or mens? i appreciate it!
2d5faf9041d58c9055029b017cc9.jpg
2464629e43b4a1537016aa57aea3.jpg
c7d29c214b7ab0cecbd1d9df22a4.jpg

youwhat

Reaction score
womens biggest size.
looks like whoever has removed the chain and added a leather hang tag for some reason.
done some bad top stitching on the lining to hold it in place too.

Cirri

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm considering buying this coat, and it looks legit to me, but I don't have much experience with YSL and the odd thing is one size......it's usually a French size on a label, but here is not, and I became suspicious. Could you help me with it, please? Is it ok if I can't find the exact coat with the garment code from the tag? But I did find the coat on Lyst and Vestiaire collective

1.TpOqkba54nqcJmB3urRpkGYy5HAesvT4EzLgfhY46Hg_2.jpg 1.ommFhLa5DoCzM4yNzd6EakknCIoxpxgCPCcMhDktBII_2.jpg 1.HAs6ara5sOIM3TLvDjI6CPbJtuiOSaZgg8my5obDuuA_2.jpg 1.TpOqkba54nqcJmB3urRpkGYy5HAesvT4EzLgfhY46Hg_2.jpg 1.ommFhLa5DoCzM4yNzd6EakknCIoxpxgCPCcMhDktBII_2.jpg 1.HAs6ara5sOIM3TLvDjI6CPbJtuiOSaZgg8my5obDuuA_2.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

slpldr

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm considering buying this coat, and it looks legit to me, but I don't have much experience with YSL and the odd thing is one size......it's usually a French size on a label, but here is not, and I became suspicious. Could you help me with it, please? Is it ok if I can't find the exact coat with the garment code from the tag? But I did find the coat on Lyst and Vestiaire collective

View attachment 2008961 View attachment 2008963 View attachment 2008965
Looks very legit, straight outta runway and ADs -> 0:14

first one

gorgeous piece, you should grab it right now IMO

Last edited:

harlemriver

Reaction score
Hi guys!

View attachment 2008961 View attachment 2008963 View attachment 2008965 View attachment 2008961 View attachment 2008963 View attachment 2008965 View attachment 2008967
Looks legit. The French size isn’t always on the label. I have both women’s and men’s pieces and I see the size more on the women’s pieces.

Curious, was this piece in both men’s and women’s collections?

Does anyone know how to read the code to see if it was designated for the men’s or women’s collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads