• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silentownage001

Reaction score

Wally_SF

Reaction score
That looks really nice. I love the SLP longer wool coats. The year of production should be on the fabric tag so long as it wasn't cut off.

Appreciate it! it’s so good in person. I think I’ve found the year as well ??‍♂️

1645241727809.png

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - anyone own an SLP briefcase/laptop bag? Looking for any input on durability of the leather - does it scuff easily? Any other general feedback would be greatly appreciated!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Just noticed that all black Teddy is 100% wool. Wonder how it drapes and if fit is little different then the black & white Teddy. Picked this up from one of the forum members

Really cool jacket. I remember looking for it back in the day but never found it for a good price. The French text makes it a bit more interesting compared to the usual teddies/varsities, although it's a bit corny (which isn't bad).

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Is this typical of wyatts? Not too worried about it just seems like something I'd expect of a cheaper shoe to wrap the heel like this.
IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

silentownage001

Reaction score
Is this typical of wyatts? Not too worried about it just seems like something I'd expect of a cheaper shoe to wrap the heel like this.
View attachment 1758182
View attachment 1758183

Yeah the heel blocks are plastic and wrapped in a vinyl to look like stacked leather. It's unfortunate at this price point.

For those who use insoles in their wyatts any recommendations? Mine fit well, but the shape of my right arch doesn't mesh well with the boot and it can be uncomfortable at times. My zip boots are the best, then the harness, then the chelseas. My left foot doesn't have this issue. I've tried socks of different thickness and cushioning, but it doesn't totally help.

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
View attachment 1758182
View attachment 1758183
SLP construction is crap compared to legacy shoe makers. That’s the veneer coming off. It’s supposed to have that stacked heel appearance without actually having stacked heel. Watch Trenton & Heath’s video on YouTube to see how bad the Wyatt construction actually is.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
SLP construction is crap compared to legacy shoe makers. That’s the veneer coming off. It’s supposed to have that stacked heel appearance without actually having stacked heel. Watch Trenton & Heath’s video on YouTube to see how bad the Wyatt construction actually is.

wow I had no idea. That’s absurd at that price point. I have been on the verge of ordering a pair. I guess I will stick to Crockett and Jones or the like.

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
That's pretty disgusting.
Even more disgusting I'll just continue to buy them :marchal:

I've never been able to find the sleek shape in high quality brands so far.

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
but for their price point I can always get SLP, Celines or Amiri in discount if I wait for any sales, even the preferred models. That and you always have folks buying them and not liking them, giving you a good chance at a big sale on secondhand markets.

Is FTF quality better compared to the monstrosity you see in the video? I might reconsider in this case.
Edit : from their description on their website it seems they do. mmm, interesting!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I own Celine and Haider boots as well and I love them for the look, but if someone is looking for a good quality boot there's absolutely no way I'm recommending SLP, Amiri, Celine, Rick Owens etc. I think buying designer boots for the quality is a little misguided.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics