• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pham duc

Reaction score
Im 170cm 56kg, teddy size 42, pc denim xs. Looking for l17 calf and l01 lamb 2016 ( bc pp said this season fits one size smaller, correct me if im wrong ). should i buy size 42 or 44

rire

Reaction score
Thoughts about this jacket?
If we're going that road, I like the Celine iteration more.

428.jpg

Uhkon

Reaction score
If we're going that road, I like the Celine iteration more.

View attachment 1723924
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well
I agree. The SLP is fine to me but the Celine is much better. It sucks that Celine is so limited in terms of variety and stock and hard to find.
Does anyone know where I can purchase Celine from third retail parties other than Farfetch and Mr Porter?

Last edited:

Uhkon

Reaction score
I agree. The SLP is fine to me but the Celine is much better. It sucks that Celine is so limited in terms of variety and stock and hard to find.
Does anyone know where I can purchase Celine from third retail parties other than Farfetch and Mr Porter?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24s.com is a popular one. There's a site in teh Netherlands too, I'm drawing a blank on the name. The real steals would be in the outlets, and on gr@iled.

rire

Reaction score
24s.com is a popular one. There's a site in teh Netherlands too, I'm drawing a blank on the name. The real steals would be in the outlets, and on gr@iled.
You're thinking about Labels Fashion re: Netherlands.

That leather and suede jacket actually was in outlets up until recently. It was in Paris anyway.

Uhkon

Reaction score
If you have to choose between classic Saint laurent black and white teddy jacket and the Celine black corduroy…?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Celine classic black corduroy, and this coming from a guy who owns the SLP black & white teddy. Don't get me wrong, the SLP teddy is incredible and the quality really pops from the buttons to the silk lining to the perfect ribbing, but it's just so everywhere. Celine (assuming one without the insane logo on the back) is a little more up to date, more louche, looks comfortable yet sleek. I've seen it styled very well, whereas the SLP black & white teddy is like everyone wears with the skinny black jeans and boots. It looks great, and I wear it here & there and feel rock n' roll, but again, would probably opt for something more novel.

One tricky thing, and I'm unsure on your body habitus, but I'm on the very slim slide, so needed to size down to 42 for the SLP teddy. As you know, they run boxy, as does Celine. Celine does not offer a 42, at least in the States that I know of.

They're both amazing jackets and surprisingly wearable with the interior pockets and just all-around cool vibe.

pham duc

Reaction score
I'd go with the Celine classic black corduroy, and this coming from a guy who owns the SLP black & white teddy. Don't get me wrong, the SLP teddy is incredible and the quality really pops from the buttons to the silk lining to the perfect ribbing, but it's just so everywhere. Celine (assuming one without the insane logo on the back) is a little more up to date, more louche, looks comfortable yet sleek. I've seen it styled very well, whereas the SLP black & white teddy is like everyone wears with the skinny black jeans and boots. It looks great, and I wear it here & there and feel rock n' roll, but again, would probably opt for something more novel.

One tricky thing, and I'm unsure on your body habitus, but I'm on the very slim slide, so needed to size down to 42 for the SLP teddy. As you know, they run boxy, as does Celine. Celine does not offer a 42, at least in the States that I know of.

They're both amazing jackets and surprisingly wearable with the interior pockets and just all-around cool vibe.
Celine teddy is one size smaller than slp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads