• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Quick question, if I wear a 50 in a Teddy what size am I looking for in an L01? The recent ones. No boutique nearby sadly.
My chest is around 42” and my shoulders are around 19”.

Also is buyma a good place to purchase from if the seller has good feedback? It seems they’re around 2900 on there for a brand new L01. Wonder how the duties are importing to the US. Any other places you recommend picking up from?

Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
Quick help please... the snap just went on the harness of my FW13 ochre, what is the best way to replace and keep as true to original as possible?... I am also posted on Celine thread; thanks for any help

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
After a lot of debating on here I finally pulled the trigger on a SS15 L01 in a 52 (I'm normally a US 40 and I'm realizing more recently a 38 as I've lost some weight/muscle mass), so I immediately regretted it thinking it would be way too big/not fit right in the shoulders. I was seriously already trying to figure out how I could sell it or trade it.

Anyways I got it in today and... I think it's kinda perfect? Be gentle with me as I'm a big sensitive boy, but it feels comfortable but fitted. To me, looks good in the shoulders. I can zip it up (I know I know you're not supposed to be able to do that) and I think it hits right at the wrist (I could see wanting it to be like 0.5" - 1" shorter in the arms but looks fine to me). I probably could have gone down to a 50 to be on the tight side but I think this works.

View attachment 1680577 View attachment 1680574 View attachment 1680575 View attachment 1680576

Jacket fits perfect, now you just need some skinny jeans to complete the look :)

high fashion accessories like so aren't made with durability in mind. Logo will fade, edges will wear away, imprints will form.

I mean those are just the natural properties of the material, there's no magic leather that they can use that won't wear in the same way. Leather is meant to wear in and develop a patina, that's the appeal of it.

papillo

Reaction score
To whoever has a leather card holder from SL, how is it holding up? A good investment?

Like this? If so, then very durable. I've been using mine daily for about 3-4 years or so.
rt3tumF.jpg

piblondin

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Quick question, if I wear a 50 in a Teddy what size am I looking for in an L01? The recent ones. No boutique nearby sadly.
My chest is around 42” and my shoulders are around 19”.

Also is buyma a good place to purchase from if the seller has good feedback? It seems they’re around 2900 on there for a brand new L01. Wonder how the duties are importing to the US. Any other places you recommend picking up from?
I'd say 52.

Reaction score
I'd say 52.
On checking again I think my shoulders are closer to 20”. Measuring from boniest point to boniest point. That’s why I’m confused because on SSENSE it shows the shoulders as either 18 or 18.25 for a 52. I’m not sure if that would be too small.

6’1”, 180ish, 34” true waist

but also the ssense pictures have an odd texture in them which I guess is what was done for f/w 21. I’d like a smooth lamb one lol.

Last edited:

the_lebowski

Reaction score
Picked up the trucker leather jacket recently. Was debating between this and the L01/L17 but felt the more minimal jacket would be easier to pull off with different styles.

I like the sizing bcause I can wear a slim fit sweater/hoodie underneath. But the jacket still looks fairly fitted with just a t-shirt underneath as well. What do you guys think of the fit?

CCBAEF68-D1F0-4F6D-95E6-23FB7D5B4822.jpeg

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On checking again I think my shoulders are closer to 20”. Measuring from boniest point to boniest point. That’s why I’m confused because on SSENSE it shows the shoulders as either 18 or 18.25 for a 52. I’m not sure if that would be too small.

6’1”, 180ish, 34” true waist

but also the ssense pictures have an odd texture in them which I guess is what was done for f/w 21. I’d like a smooth lamb one lol.
With those measurements, not sure how you fit a 50 in the teddy.

BigRed

Reaction score
To the SLP denim pros what is the code to the slim fit denim? As in I know the Skinny is D02 but what is the slim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics