• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nekromantik

Reaction score
I agree... but I would also like to say that even though the quality on the FW13 peacoat is WAY worse, the fit of that thing is just incredible, especially for medium and shorter guys... and I am honestly not sure which I prefer. Either way, looking good Sir G!

Yeah the 15 one is quite long so on guys like me it would look so bad!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh, camel does sound nice for a change of pace! I like it in the duffles especially.

I'm wearing one of my flannels...the less popular grey. Red next! With a SLP blazer or not depending on mood. These are some of my favorite SLP jeans, too.

7703882E-1C63-4A7C-95DC-A23E37B6E455_1_201_a.jpeg

6BAE70EF-B1DC-46DC-965B-098696260383_1_201_a.jpeg

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks legit to me. I usually look at the tag meterial itself. Look at the post from a couple of pages ago on a SS16 jacket I got duped on. Those tags looked pretty close until I actually had the garment in hand.

Update* got it all sorted out and sent back
how did you get it sorted out? i'm really surprised there's so many random fakes out - don't they usually target the best-selling / fastest-moving products?

i bought a bunch of stuff off of therealreal recently - i'd be curious if there's any concern regarding fakes here (given therealreal is checking). and these are flannels from hedi time - quality feels awesome, but i guess you never know about fakes...

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has made some purchases from the real real, bags I think, but everything has been legit and top quality. Aren't they owned by Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus? Would be very problematic for a brand with that clout to be allowing fakes to slip through.

This reminds me. I'm a bit disappointed that Hedi's Celine stuff hasn't caught my eye yet. There's not that much that speaks to me as do his SLP pieces. I'm a fan of some of Anthony's work, too (just slightly less so, ha!).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has made some purchases from the real real, bags I think, but everything has been legit and top quality. Aren't they owned by Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus? Would be very problematic for a brand with that clout to be allowing fakes to slip through.

This reminds me. I'm a bit disappointed that Hedi's Celine stuff hasn't caught my eye yet. There's not that much that speaks to me as do his SLP pieces. I'm a fan of some of Anthony's work, too (just slightly less so, ha!).
On this last point, I'm surprised that some of this latest Vacarello collection is starting to grow on me, especially considering I found the runway show so disconcerting. In particular, the shirt designs look really cool to me, and I'm really looking hard at the white double-breasted suit. Anyone else picking up anything from this collection?

dacarden

Reaction score
Yeah man, that FW13 pea is perhaps the best SLP value piece. ..maybe nut santiags
+1 on the Nut Santiags right here. I saved a pair I picked up on grailed that needed a complete reconstruction resole but the suede was in perfect condition. Now, they're my number one go-to pair for every non-formal occasion.

dacarden

Reaction score
how did you get it sorted out? i'm really surprised there's so many random fakes out - don't they usually target the best-selling / fastest-moving products?

i bought a bunch of stuff off of therealreal recently - i'd be curious if there's any concern regarding fakes here (given therealreal is checking). and these are flannels from hedi time - quality feels awesome, but i guess you never know about fakes...
Well eBay, has a 100% money back guarantee and they typically side with the buyer in most circumstances. I filed a return request with them and provided picture proof that the jacket was illegitimate (simply compared an authentic SLP tag with the questionable one with flash photography) and the seller accepted the return and played dumb not knowing that the jacket was fake. Should have known by the unkempt fingernails in the pictures.

You would typically think that less common pieces would not be faked but you would be surprised. Anyone on here come across any obscure fakes like that? It is troublesome when collecting pieces on the NOS or secondhand market.

nekromantik

Reaction score
On this last point, I'm surprised that some of this latest Vacarello collection is starting to grow on me, especially considering I found the runway show so disconcerting. In particular, the shirt designs look really cool to me, and I'm really looking hard at the white double-breasted suit. Anyone else picking up anything from this collection?

Im loving the SS 2020 metallic stripe polo.
Its thin linen blend but the material quality is very good.
Will be wearing it in Dubai in April and hopefully UK gets good summer so can wear here too haha

Royce13

Reaction score
So I received the ‘16 L01 in calf that I was inquiring about the tag and it’s mint. Jacket fits perfect besides the sleeves in which I notice run wider or have extra material I feel compared to my ‘16 SLP cafe racer which is lamb. Anyone who owns or has owned a L01 in calf notice the same thing or is it just me? I understand that lamb drapes differently however from fit pics of lamb L01’s the sleeves seem tighter. I’m debating taking it to a leather artesian in NYC to get their thoughts and possibly adjust but I don’t want to f*ck it up. Maybe the fact that I came from a RO calf stooges screwed me up since those arms are extremely narrow.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, I could see anything seeming bulky compared to RO! What do you take as your usual size? I've heard that people tend to size down 1 on L01 to get a trimmer look, unless they want to layer heavily, but then there's this ongoing debate as to whether or not you should be able to zip the jacket.

I've only had leather tailored at the boutique where I bought it, and even then it's with the utmost skepticism. Tailoring the sleeves a touch seems reasonable in terms of tightening that seam, although I'd worry about it lining up correctly, the type of thread used, etc.!

Royce13

Reaction score
Haha, I could see anything seeming bulky compared to RO! What do you take as your usual size? I've heard that people tend to size down 1 on L01 to get a trimmer look, unless they want to layer heavily, but then there's this ongoing debate as to whether or not you should be able to zip the jacket.

I've only had leather tailored at the boutique where I bought it, and even then it's with the utmost skepticism. Tailoring the sleeves a touch seems reasonable in terms of tightening that seam, although I'd worry about it lining up correctly, the type of thread used, etc.!
If I were to size down one, no way to zip it but I know, it’s not really meant to be zipped lol... I’ll throw up a fit pic or two to get some opinions, I could be over thinking it.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Arrived today what do you guys think of the fit?
It's surprisingly different fit then cotton flannel from same season!

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_182640__01.jpg
    IMG_20200219_182640__01.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 149

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads