• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieseltheory

Reaction score
everyone's saying fw16 denim are tighter
but from pictures on luisaviaroma they look the same as SS16 d02 to me
btw the fw16 blue destroyed look really nice, I already put my preorder through :D

guys...i can guarantee you that the "tight" fit is due to photoshopped images, the curves/silhouette is too smooth...pay close attention to the images and you'll see what i mean...let's wait until we try/buy the FW16 denim to see the fit...but to be honest, what i've done is basically take my FW13 jeans and had them lined up on top of 14/15/16 denim and had them tailored to match the jeans from FW13....i'd say it's about 1CM from mid hip to knee area then its same through the calves....and they fit just like my FW13's

zeogo

Reaction score
How much would be a fair price to pay for a used FW13 shadow plaid at resale? Not seen so many for sale so not so sure of the going price.

slann01

Reaction score
How much would be a fair price to pay for a used FW13 shadow plaid at resale? Not seen so many for sale so not so sure of the going price.

They usually go for about 500-700 dollars depending on size, and cut (western, regular, oversized).

harlemriver

Reaction score

lol he looks like such a clown having the jeans hit the top of his jodhpurs like that, reminds me of this guy on IG: I tried on the distressed L01 a while ago, I was surprised how light the calf skin leather is, distressing was cool, but I still prefer the classic albeit more delicate L01, and that's even though I like distressed stuff in general (as opposed to a dressier SL look) - quick snap from Harrods - sorry for ****** lighting: The guy was trying really hard to sell it (he wasn't the usual SL guy, had waltzed over from Burberry) - its pretty cringe when SAs try to tell you about a jacket without knowing anything about the brand at all... This happened in Sloane St a few months ago as well when the (new I guess) chinese girl tried to sell me the embroidered moon jacket, telling me, "If you like NASA and stuff you'll love this jacket" ... wtf. Succumbed to buying the jungle teddy as well, therattler partly to blame :D would still be interested how you guys are wearing it with all black+tan shoe outfits though. With the weather heating up (finally) in London managed to get a bit of wear out the flannel I bought a while back which was sitting in the cupboard, was in two minds about whether to sell but definitely keeping now, got some compliments on it already - the colour is so rich and I love the popper buttons -- can see myself picking up the western flannels in fw16 as well since they are "safe" buys: Any guys have specific recommendations on t-shirts that fit the bill of: slubbed/worn effect/low cut neck (so goes well with jackets), preferably raw cut neckline/sleeves/hem + also a slightly longer length than usual - I need to cover the fact half of my tigher pairs of jeans are 1 size too small and sit very low on my hips
shog%5B1%5D.gif
(t-shirt above is pull & bear btw - £8 but wear the black/grey/beige constantly) - I love the SL tees but just don't like the cropped fitting of them (even when trying size XL).
Great looks for you! As for black outfits and tan boots I think it can be done, but usually it doesn't look as good as another combo. Your light denim with the tan undertone with tan boots looks amazing! You would never look as good with a mostly black ensemble and tan boots as you did there. Black can just look too harsh. If the Jodhpurs had more gray tones that would work better. I almost would prefer those silver joints with black as opposed to the tans. That's just my opinion. For t- shirts, I have seen good slub style shorts from Simon Miller, Faith Connexion and even Massimo Alba but a lot of his are printed so you would have to look for one that is plain. If you are open to non-slub Ann Demeulemeester, White Briefs, R13 and sometimes Bottega Veneta has good options too. Full disclosure, I am a BV clothes junkie. But it's so late on the season it might be slim pickings all around. Also, while not slub, you could look for a shirt that has a smallish amount of linen added to the cotton. That usually gives the "rough" hand that I think you are looking for.

drestyles

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Wyatts from SLP Barcelona but once I got back to the states, I just realized the sales chick took off the sticker tags from the shoe box (I know it's just a sticker but **** makes me mad)!!! Anyone experienced the same thing when buying overseas?

haydrak

Reaction score
I personally don't care about the box itself, I would usually only asks the SA to give me the dustbag. But recently I bought a pair of buttero shoes from Barneys NY and the SA didn't include the extra shoelace it comes with. That really annoyed me
1f621.png

haydrak

Reaction score
And wait...I almost forgot the other pleasant experience at Barney NY like 5 years ago.I bought a pair of spalwart trainers, wanted in black and grey. When I got home I found they gave me the wrong shoes. It was ridiculous. And it gets better. I went back to get the right pair only to be told that they were sold out in my size. Well well well....

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ive got the D02 Coated Denim from this AW16 season, in a 26. And I can say they fit tight, much tighter than my D02s from last season from the knee down. No need to tapper these as I did with my SS16 denim.

Where did you find?

therattler

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads