• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@einstine I'm usually mr all black,white,grey everything but I must say that out of all my SL boots/shoes I get by faaaaar the most compliments/ inquiries on my cigar jodhpurs..to a ridiculous degree.i recent had a girl jogging by whip her head back to check em out as she ran by and almost hit a pole..no joke. Was giving Hedi props in my head haha. I'm not saying a decision shoul be derived from others but they really do catch an eye and stand out. I forgot to check out the grey last week in SF and will have to this week. Good part is you can't really go wrong.

@Nimzerz don't listen to anything oakghost says... Total kook ;)

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Such a hard decision, anthracite or cigar?

Get the cigar. More of a classic color and goes well in all seasons and all colored denim and tops

Yexu5y

Reaction score
guys, was there ever a WHITE baby print tee made for men?
I know there's a black one for men, and a white one for women on the official website.

also, has anyone picked up one and can comment on the print?

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
there was in fact a white baby print tee made, but only a very limited number, made from the skins of actual newborn LA junkie babies. iirc they were north of $17k each. but you got a free surfboard with each one.

stick to cigar. the grey's nice but the cigar's iconic.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really quite like the grey, but you can't really go wrong with the cigare (I actually prefer the original light beige ones over both, I also liked the chocolate ones which were a darker shade of brown than the new brown suede). I had the beige suede cropped jodhpurs and the ocher Wyatt Chelseas but ended up selling both as I never wore either - I just find black leather looks sharper and stick to what I know.

Speaking of the cropped jodhpurs, I just ordered another pair of the black from the online store. One of my favourite ever shoes. I also hope they do something else with it like stick it on a Hedi 30 sole or something for a bit of variety. The Blake 30 versions worked great with a slightly thicker sole, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a white baby t-shirt too. Saw it at Bond Street a few weeks ago. I really like the baby graphic actually, but don't particularly want to walk around with a t-shirt that says baby on it. I also like the too late heather grey sweatshirt, but again not something I'd really wear - prefer the plain ones with the grosgrain trim (hopefully they'll be back some time).

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried some of the new t-shirts today - the black distressed one and the grey/black venice striped one. Both are really soft cotton and fitted reasonably well, but were looser and longer in the body than what I'm used to, and so I couldn't make my mind up in the store and left them. I think I'll order from the online store so I can get to have a good look at home and then make a decision.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Question, do the cropped jodhpur have enough of a height that jeans have no issues stacking or staying in place?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skinny jeans won't go over them and stay in place if that's what you mean. My day to day jeans are about a 15 cm hem and stack on top but kind of inside the shoe at the front, rather than over the shoe. With my stuff I keep for best, I've tapered the jeans as skinny as possible to still go over my feet, and then cropped them to just reach the top of the shoe to really show the detail. Copied this off some of the staff as it looks amazing, kind of like the SS 14 runway but a bit skinnier and a bit longer.

Nimzerz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a theory as to why slp might have changed the shaft size on the wyatt boots. On the aw13 versions of the boot, the harness was centered on the heel. I personally think this looks a little odd, and maybe slp/hedi thought so too, so, they may have wanted to change the harness to look like it runs under the boot--like current versions. To do so, the ring would be off center on the shaft of the boot, so they widened the shaft and boot shape to accommodate the shift of the ring on the harness.

All theoretical but it makes sense to me... If you look at current models of the boot with a slimmer shaft/silhouette the ring would be much more off-center than it is now.

scanner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a theory as to why slp might have changed the shaft size on the wyatt boots. On the aw13 versions of the boot, the harness was centered on the heel. I personally think this looks a little odd, and maybe slp/hedi thought so too, so, they may have wanted to change the harness to look like it runs under the boot--like current versions. To do so, the ring would be off center on the shaft of the boot, so they widened the shaft and boot shape to accommodate the shift of the ring on the harness.

All theoretical but it makes sense to me... If you look at current models of the boot with a slimmer shaft/silhouette the ring would be much more off-center than it is now.

I can assure you Hedi did not change anything, It's a manufacturing decision. By the time the Wyatt Harness are released, Hedi was already designing Santiags. He leaves the Atelier / Assistants or Production houses to do the rest which is entirely up to Kering and SLP corporate. The reason why the shaft looks bigger is because there is another piece of leather sewn together, which makes the sizing unpredictable and not structured, rather than one piece of leather wrapping around to make it slimmer like a sock. It's honestly not that big of a deal. Any of the harness boots after FW13 can simply size down (I'm a true size 11 and had to size up to 44.5 and 45 for the FW13 leather and suede wyatt harness respectively). The new ones that I picked up I sized down just to try out and they fit like the originals, with maybe a small amount more shaft protruding out, but not that big of a deal as the jean hems have also changed wildly in size. If anything the boots fit true to size or one size large now than they did before, which i'll assume is simply due to mass manufacturing rather than recreating a limited amount of runway pieces. Remember, Hedi's first year at SL was still a test run. No one really expected FW13 to catch on (For all you newbies, the first year Hedi's SLP was critically panned, but was embraced by celebrities and sylists and it took almost a year for people to accept and realize how many sick pieces were shown on runway) due to the fact that it was the first real SLP presentation. SS13 was literally built on hype. I have an extended post about SS13 on super future in which the showroom was still the old YSL building and Hedi had not yet brought in any new employees and models so everything from product and sizing was based on faith until SS14 and FW14 rolled out into the Kering's hands. At the end of the day, Don't worry about it. Wear the boots out and move on.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads