1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

@therattler Oh thanks for the information - I can stop worrying now :)

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The shape of the Deven boots looks amazing on matches. Jeans look skinny too, but then the model does look like he's been crammed into the smallest size possible looking at the thighs.

I almost like the cropped navy caban, but I'm never that keen on navy jackets with black jeans, and I think the bright gold buttons are putting me off. Perhaps it would look good with raw indigo jeans, but I'd prefer it in plain black with black buttons, or even aged brass buttons. I'm definitely not going to rule it out though as I really need to get a caban or two this season.

Therattler, I'll be buying as much as possible from Saint Laurent this season, although it seems like a lot of the items I want may not be available, and then after that I'll probably continue buying from Saint Laurent here and there depending on what gets carried over. I may also look at DH and Burberry as other options.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

DH is steering toward SLP territory in the latest F/W collection. It's amusing some of the styles, but the neat thing is it's very luxe. Their Madison avenue store has some of the new pieces.

4. snafu

snafu Active Member

can anyone help me locate these in a medium/39? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jaco87

jaco87 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the current 40mm tan Chelsea, can you inbox me actual pics

6. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Yeah I feel you a lot on that Peacoat, to be honest the FW13 version - which got sold only in a few stores - looked so much better.
    Also I guess, I kind of predicted it lol, Hedi wearing the FW16 zip up jacket we talked 2 weeks ago http://lustercatcher.com/2016/05/27/hedi-slimane-rocking-saint-laurent-fw16-new-york/
    [​IMG]

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah the cropped one from AW 13 in black with the metal buttons was really nice. London stores had it and I tried it, but I went with the classic caban from the runway instead. Had I known at the time it would get so hard to find items that fitted as well, I would have bought both in a heartbeat. If only I could go back in time I'd buy so much. They did another cropped one for SS 14 in lighter fabric, but the fit was atrocious. They still have them in Selfridges here years later. I wish they'd just reissue the SS 13 one as well for a lighter jacket as the gold buttons looked nice on that one, not as gaudy as they look on this new one for some reason.

On the patent Derby shoes, the idea is actually starting to grow on me. Think I might put my name down for a pair.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. $aam

$aam Well-Known Member

On the topic of shoe care... Do you guys recommend using shoe trees for the suede Wyatts? Also, what kind of suede protector?

9. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

The Deven boots look cool, but the soles look so thin. I feel like I'd wear through them in a matter of hours.

I like that emerald green velvet bomber jacket. It's more subtle than the music note ones, and I like the piping around the pockets. Might have to have a closer look at that one. I don't like the look of that generic zipper though. How hard is it to throw a Saint Laurent zipper-pull on a fairly expensive jacket.

The jeans look slim, but I'm getting kind of an uncanny valley-vibe from those pictures, like they've been photoshopped or something. Also, is it just me, or do the arms on the t-shirts look really wide?

As for Gucci, while I can admire it from afar, I don't think it can be properly worn without adopting the whole look, which isn't quite for me. It reminds me of the stuff Jarvis Cocker wore in the 90s, which is great if you can pull it off. I wouldn't agree that the quality is any different though. While I haven't examined too much of the newer stuff, I'd say they're about par with Saint Laurent for quality.

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Best comment of the thred

Michele is awesome, what he has done for Gucci in like first 2 seasons just driven up sales so quick and popularity, he was able to re-do the stores after 2 season so corporate has confidence in him. But agreed that to rock it you need the full h2t look. His stuff immediately got on all the streets during fashion week. Love his shows

11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

@bawlin or @niyengar or anybody else that picked up the fringed Wyatts, would love to see some fit pics!

Also, I know these are old, but what's the proper terminology/name for these boots:

[​IMG]

Anybody ever see these pop up on Grailed or eBay? They seem very hard to find.

1 person likes this.
  12. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@barrettdudley Here are a few shots I posted when I first picked them up a few months back:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. 6ixSide

6ixSide Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if there's anywhere that still has babycat skates in stock? The only retailers I was able to find were Selfridges which just sold out & Harrods which only has a size 7 in stock. Not sure if I should wait, and hope they pop up somewhere; or just get a different pair while the private sale is still going on.

14. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

I believe they go by "classique" Chelseas. I have a pair and I dig them. 25mm heel so a bit lower than the current variants. Idk what color those are but mine are ochre suede

1 person likes this.
  15. schwarza

schwarza New Member

Anyone know if the Australian site will get a sale?

16. syntheticnp

syntheticnp Member

What exactly is the difference between the Classic Hedi 30s and the Classic Wyatt 30s?
    I've been thinking about getting a new pair of Chelseas but I read somewhere that the Hedis have a sleeker silhouette than the Wyatts. Is this true?

17. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

since kieran was talking about the devon boots, I looked at the pictures from the fw16 runway again
    the more I look at them the more I feel that the devon derbys look so much better than the boots
    not saying the boots aren't nice, I actually feel like I might get a pair of black suede or black velvet devon
    but at the end, if theres only one thing I can get from the footwear collection of fw16 it'd probably be the devon derbys

18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The Derby is fantastic, and I really hope the online store buy it in either calf, lizard, or python, although as I mentioned above the idea of patent is growing on me. I've only ever had one patent shoe before and that was the DH pointy ankle boots from AW 2006, which even though they were quite ostentatious, were pretty easy to wear. Personally I love all of the footwear for this season including the Oxfords, the side zips, and the Chelseas.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  19. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

Oxfords as in no pointy toes? I'm actually more down for that and hey guess what...I have the pointy ankle boots in patent leather too
    I used to wear them a lot until I slowly became a minimalist....patent leather is just too loud

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  20. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

From mr porter:

1. Oxford
    Formal lace-up shoes can be split into two sorts: Derbies and Oxfords. Both include a vamp – the front of the shoe attached to the quarters (the upper section that covers the sides and back), a low heel and often a Goodyear welt construction. With Oxfords, the “facing” (where the eyelets are located) is sewn under the vamp. A closed lace gives a sleeker appearance, so a decent pair of black plain-toe Oxfords is your go-to dress shoe (buy them in patent leather for extra sophistication. See: Mr Fred Astaire). Go with a cap toe and you’ll be at home in any boardroom. Originating in Scotland, Oxfords are sometimes called “Balmorals” after Balmoral Castle.
    2. Derby
    Derbies have open laces (the facing is open at the bottom), giving a more robust and versatile feel – the trusty Land Rover to the elegant Audi A8 Oxford. They come in colours ranging from Cognac and oxblood to other reds and browns (and we like to wear brown in town à la Mr Jarvis Cocker) and can be teamed with a suit, jeans or chinos. If you’re a little more traditional, adhere to their rustic roots and stick to trousers and a sports jacket. Sometimes called bluchers (especially in the US by New England preppies who grew up wearing a particular L.L.Bean model), there are subtle differences between the two, but this is best explained over a pint.
    Here's the oxford:

[​IMG]

And here's the Derby:

[​IMG]

I personally like both, but a Derby is much easier to wear in a more casual way - an oxford with jeans and a t-shirt for example looks weird, but a derby can often look fine.

1 person likes this.