• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nimzerz

Reaction score
@linstar yeah man, @OakGhost told me I should size up if I decide to get a pair for that reason specifically. I guess I'd do that since I would tailor it below the knee anyway.

That's a shame about the jodhpurs, I hope they have some there when I visit.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
Just saw those pics, looks perfect with those Wyatt's. I have a pair of SeF jodhpurs on the way that I'm hoping will be a nice combo, haven't pulled the trigger on any SLP footwear yet.

Don't mean to put you off but theres something about the boots that just looks... off, well, when you are comparing to SLP jodhpurs. They seem a little clunkier than SLP jods and I've seen a video of a guy on youtube trying them out with SLP destroyed denim and it just doesn't look the same (granted I'm splitting hairs here but its the SLP thread :)). If your budget can stretch to it I highly recommend pulling the trigger on the SLP ones, however the SeF ones will look great too I'm sure.

Pictures of SeF ones below in case anyones interested.

Randeep

Reaction score
The caban 'tube' peacoat is, I think, a masterpiece - best peacoat YSL's made

I like this but at 5"10 IIRC this and the classic peacoat, even with wyatts, just looks like it swallows my upper body up :/

dtolo

Reaction score
This one's nice too;)

FW13 Caban coat:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/514525/saint-laurent-paris-fw13-wool-caban-coat-size-44#post_8266705

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to put you off but theres something about the boots that just looks... off, well, when you are comparing to SLP jodhpurs. They seem a little clunkier than SLP jods and I've seen a video of a guy on youtube trying them out with SLP destroyed denim and it just doesn't look the same (granted I'm splitting hairs here but its the SLP thread :)). If your budget can stretch to it I highly recommend pulling the trigger on the SLP ones, however the SeF ones will look great too I'm sure.

Yeah I definitely agree that the last used for the Wyatt models really are something special.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys do you usually alter your jeans? I've finally decided my FW15 mid waist black denim don't fit as well as I want, cause I did not size down, the waist is like a size or 2 too large for me and the lower calves are pretty loose.

Should I get the waist taken in, calves tapered more and jeans taken up? How do they take in if the chain is there?

Thanks

b19pen15

Reaction score
I would stay away from altering the waist, especially that much. You'll end up with a pear shaped silhouette and it will ruin the integrity of the denim. You'll be putting money into poor results. Your best bet is selling and buying a new pair or only getting them tapered and wearing a belt.

That being said, if one really wanted the waist taken in, a tailor could take the belt loops off the jeans, add darts to the waistband where the belt loops were, and then cover the darts up by reattaching the belt loops. It's cool in concept, but as I said, you really shouldn't alter denim to that extent. Anything above the thighs is really tricky.

Last edited:

linstar

Reaction score
Do you mean above the thighs? I'm pretty sure hemming and tapering are probably one of the most common alterations. I have both done to all my denim without issue.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok i will keep the waist untouched, i should have sized down sigh..

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads