• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soloism

Reaction score
Quick question gents, I picked up some black SS17 D02's about 1.5 months ago, worn them about ~15 times and they've been going through some alarming stretch (especially back of thighs where there is slight excess fabric now). I can't quite explain it, they still have a trim fit throughout my leg, but they feel roomier to the point where it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing skinny jeans. Like, my Levi 510's oftentimes feel tighter and look better.
Is this common and if so should I just sell these while they're in good condition and find an alternative?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question gents, I picked up some black SS17 D02's about 1.5 months ago, worn them about ~15 times and they've been going through some alarming stretch (especially back of thighs where there is slight excess fabric now). I can't quite explain it, they still have a trim fit throughout my leg, but they feel roomier to the point where it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing skinny jeans. Like, my Levi 510's oftentimes feel tighter and look better.
Is this common and if so should I just sell these while they're in good condition and find an alternative?
Sell them and size down

yellowest

Reaction score
re394019-Y239W-13-13-pc3-l.jpg

This jacket is made by Hedi Slimane or Anthony Vacarello??? What's season?
Thanks in advance

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
Neither of them made it. Why does it matter who designed it? If you like it, then buy it.

tecevo

Reaction score
Not surprising that quality control is spotty.

As for being comparable to CPs in comfort, I can't agree with that - aside from the SLPs just being a narrower shoe, the sole is very spartan, compared to a fat crepe on the CPs. Walking around for a day in the former is going to hurt, whereas I've tramped across NYC and DC in the latter with (relatively) little discomfort at the end of the day.

Fully agree. Whilst the slps may be 10/10 for looks they are 7/10 for comfort which I suppose is a given thanks to the super slim silhouette and leather soles. Only thing with those crepe soles is they lose a lot of their looks as they are worn.

Isolar

Reaction score
I don't notice a huge difference, but I'd say I prefer the D10s, specifically those from FW15. I just think they have the best comfort-to-fit ratio, in that they're basically perfect in both departments.

Prudy

Reaction score
D10 is mid-waisted, they have a slightly different balance to them, overall. Same raw denim, of course, as the D02.

I think the non raw-hem D10s are great but I dont wear them with sneakers or low-heeled boots. Look great with 40mm heels and up IMO and they come off a bit dressier b/c if the midwaist proportions (mostly if you have a shirt tucked in).

Look super slick with a blazer and french 60/85 boots, of course, or a cropped jacket/bomber.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
I don't notice a huge difference, but I'd say I prefer the D10s, specifically those from FW15. I just think they have the best comfort-to-fit ratio, in that they're basically perfect in both departments.

Thanks! I find my black D10s raw hem and regular raw fit a lot larger in the waist then my other SLP jeans. My guess is when processing certain washes of denim shrinking occurs.

Isolar

Reaction score
Thanks! I find my black D10s raw hem and regular raw fit a lot larger in the waist then my other SLP jeans. My guess is when processing certain washes of denim shrinking occurs.

I was given the excellent advice of sizing down one from my usual D02 size, as the waist is slightly higher, and I'm very glad I did. Perfect fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads