• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sacramento tailor

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
Our master fitter is heading to Sacramento from August 13th to 14th. If you or your friends are interested to get fitted for tailored suits, shirts, trousers, we'd be glad to hear from you. You may email at [email protected].

Cheers!

John P

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied to this thread. It's been useful to me. Therefore, I'm bumping it. :)

I dropped off three shirts at Morrow's today. Pancho(?) helped me. However the cost was $28 per shirt just to get the sleeves and torso narrowed. (I hope I'm using the correct term - my interest is clothing is new, so I'm just learning the lingo.) Is that price high? It seems high to me, but I don't have anything to compare. Please let me know. Thanks!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks to all that replied to this thread.  It's been useful to me.  Therefore, I'm bumping it.  :)

I dropped off three shirts at Morrow's today.  Pancho(?) helped me.  However the cost was $28 per shirt just to get the sleeves and torso narrowed.  (I hope I'm using the correct term - my interest is clothing is new, so I'm just learning the lingo.)  Is that price high?  It seems high to me, but I don't have anything to compare.  Please let me know.  Thanks!  

very high, but pancho can do excellent work.

sjr87

Reaction score
old thread i know but i'm going to a wedding in june and looking to get some work done. looks like morrow's is the place to go? any new places? thanks!

sjr87

Reaction score
Pancho has his own place now called Lara's Tailoring. It's located at 733 56th St and his number is (916) 739-1388.

thisfits

Reaction score

Pancho has his own place now called Lara's Tailoring. It's located at 733 56th St and his number is (916) 739-1388.

Yes, thanks for sharing!

For what it's worth, I brought in something to Morrow's in November or December and the new guy there helped me out. I liked his manner -- chatty, personable, a little irreverent. I had a question on how they were going to do a sleeve alteration with pre-sewn buttonholes, and he took the time to draw a diagram of how a sleeve's constructed and showed me how they'd handle the work. They also turned around fast; asked for a week due to the holidays but I got a call that it was ready a day or two later.

Not sure who actually did the work or if Pancho was still with Morrow's at the time.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, thanks for sharing!

For what it's worth, I brought in something to Morrow's in November or December and the new guy there helped me out. I liked his manner -- chatty, personable, a little irreverent. I had a question on how they were going to do a sleeve alteration with pre-sewn buttonholes, and he took the time to draw a diagram of how a sleeve's constructed and showed me how they'd handle the work. They also turned around fast; asked for a week due to the holidays but I got a call that it was ready a day or two later.

Not sure who actually did the work or if Pancho was still with Morrow's at the time.

did they shorten from the shoulder?

thisfits

Reaction score

did they shorten from the shoulder?

They didn't have to (though I've had Morrow's do that in the past). They were fake stitched buttonholes, rather than functional ones. I wouldn't think twice about that being an issue, but in an affiliate thread on here folks were saying their tailors said it was tricky to remove that kind of stitching without leaving a mark.

The new guy at Morrow's said that's not a problem; if I recall correctly he said the bigger issue is determining if there's enough overlapping material at the cuff to move all the buttons further up the sleeve (I exacerbated things by ordering a 38R jacket instead of my usual 38S). Turns out there was just enough.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pancho has his own place now called Lara's Tailoring. It's located at 733 56th St and his number is (916) 739-1388.

Thanks for this info. I've been happy with Morrrow's for years. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Roman in the shop for quite some time--I'm not sure if he's still there. I've always had great luck with Pancho, but he has;t been there for 6 months or so now. I wasn't crazy at all about the new guy, & he really screwed up one pair of pants. I'm happy to hear that Pancho's still available--I'll be heading his way this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads