Sacramento tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stylegainer, Sep 21, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:fistbump:

for clothing and such? Nike Outlet for gym wear. Everything else I get online. Once in a while Ill stop into the BB at the Roseville Gallaria. Btw, I didnt take your previous comment seriously since you are across the pond. Whats your connection to the area?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Across the pond? I'm a native NY'er (and Brooklyn Son), but do the Cali thing often nowadays.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

really? then why did I think you from England :puzzled:

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Ive never been to Morrow's. Speaking of EDH, I stopped in yesterday to pick up a suit and the guy completely forgot to do the alterations :fu: apologized and offered to get it done today instead. I didnt need it that bad so I told him I can pick it up a week later. Point is, even though the man is extremely busy, he is willing to go above and beyond to make sure you're satisfied.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

what alterations were you having done, and does he do them himself?

Pricing?

Does he make bespoke?

Can he do advanced work such as buttonholes, shorten suits from the shoulder, etc?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The suit he is working on now is a 3 piece flannel RLBL. Since the suit already fits pretty well, he is just lengthening the sleeves and slimming the pants. In the past, Ive had him take in shoulders, take in the waist, remove the excess fabric right below the collar, etc. Never had button holes done. He does most of the work himself and everything is done in house. He told me he works on all jackets and shirt alterations himself.

Regarding bespoke, I have seen items in the shop that he was working on but I have never inquired

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

find out his pricing for bespoke. I need a cali hobby. He open on Sundays?

9. Stylegainer

Stylegainer Member

Morrow's fixed some button holes someone else messed up. They were improved but not perfect, which is what he had told me to expect because of the previous damage. Roman showed me some button hole work they had done that looked really good. They shortened one of my suits from the shoulders and it looks like it was done right. Have Pancho take your measurements if you want an explanation of exactly how everything will look. He will show you how it will effect the drape when you do things like shorten a suit from the shoulder. Pancho used to do bespoke and may still do it on the side. I think Roman used to do bespoke, but I have not talked to him about it. Pricing seems pretty reasonable.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What does this Roman fellow look like? I think I may have seen him before

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  11. Stylegainer

Stylegainer Member

Grey hair, probably in his 60's, slouched over a little. He is really friendly.

12. zachl

zachl Member

I can vouch for Jawid at El Dorado Hills Tailor - he has always done phenomenal work for me. I have a whole batch of shirts, pants, and a few suits that are going in to his shop soon and have had the same tailored by him previously. He is always extraordinarily busy and works nearly 80 hour weeks. I believe he does everything inhouse.

He also has sort of a cool background that I learned from yelp, which is as follows, "Jawid is a master tailor from Afghanistan who emigrated to the United States when he faced persecution from the Taliban for creating couture gowns for the upper class. He came to California and worked in the alterations department at Nordstrom in Stanford Mall for many years before setting up his own business in El Dorado Hills."

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Roman works at Morrow's on Howe?

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

what sort of alterations have you had him do and what sort of pricing does he charge?

15. chu

chu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011