• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RozenKristal

Reaction score

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
pondering the shawl in brown this year. last year one one size up fit trim but not super snug. You think the L will fit slouchy if i go for L size? Or the way it knit would fit slim no matter what?

I'm a size M and the size L on me is just plain ol' too big, simple as that.

In short, I'd go for your regular size (unless you wish wilfully to venture into the world of the mega-slouchy).

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any word on an ETA for the trucker? Getting chilly here in eastern USA...

Corduroy!

Very thick corduroy.

And two delicious flavours of brown: one the same rust / cedar as previously, which I find irresistible, and the other dark brown (unless some quite last-minute changes of mind).

gwilliams84

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread (if so, my apologies, and happy to remove), but I'm regrettably selling my SEH Kelly peacoat in dark navy here: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/seh-kelly-dark-navy-heavy-melton-peacoat-size-xs.31156/ - I thought it best to give people on this thread a heads up.

What can I say, other than I searched high and low and it's the perfect pea coat (look at those handwarmer pockets and collar!). Unfortunately, I live in Sydney and my purchase was swiftly followed by the pandemic and a new child, which has meant that I'm no longer travelling to colder parts of the world. Worn only once, it is in perfect condition. A regrettable sale, but it deserves to be worn.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The wheels of heavy-duty knitwear production — slowly they turn ...

The boatneck and gansey both made a return this week — I'm enjoying the subtle contrast between top and bottom on the gansey — and the shawl cardigan will make its official launch around this time next week.

gansey-rollneck-superfine-merino-asphalt-grey-2s@2x.jpg
gansey-rollneck-superfine-merino-asphalt-grey-6s@2x.jpg
gansey-rollneck-superfine-merino-asphalt-grey-8s@2x.jpg
gansey-rollneck-superfine-merino-asphalt-grey-4s@2x.jpg
gansey-rollneck-superfine-merino-asphalt-grey-7s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-3s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-4s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-7s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-9s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-10s@2x.jpg
boatneck-superfine-merino-imperial-blue-2s@2x.jpg

And caps, too, and scarves, to come.

shunese

Reaction score
Paul, which of these would you say have warm or cool undertones? As two colors can fall within the broad category of say, green or brown but be noticeably different in temperature. A "cooler or warmer grey."

Throstle
Derby grey
Lead grey
Asphalt
Soot

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, which of these would you say have warm or cool undertones? As two colors can fall within the broad category of say, green or brown but be noticeably different in temperature. A "cooler or warmer grey."

Throstle
Derby grey
Lead grey
Asphalt
Soot

We always look for neutral greys, neither warm nor cool. But especially not cool — I don't like them at all. So all of the above are neutral or slightly warm.

And throstle — that's a brown, more than a grey, at least to my mind.

gwilliams84

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread (if so, my apologies, and happy to remove), but I'm regrettably selling my SEH Kelly peacoat in dark navy here: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/seh-kelly-dark-navy-heavy-melton-peacoat-size-xs.31156/ - I thought it best to give people on this thread a heads up.

What can I say, other than I searched high and low and it's the perfect pea coat (look at those handwarmer pockets and collar!). Unfortunately, I live in Sydney and my purchase was swiftly followed by the pandemic and a new child, which has meant that I'm no longer travelling to colder parts of the world. Worn only once, it is in perfect condition. A regrettable sale, but it deserves to be worn.
SOLD - that was quick, and I'm very glad it's going to get the wear it deserves.

@sehkelly - apologies for plugging my wares here, and do let me know if you're not cool with it, I would understand.

It's probably the furthest thing from your mind at the moment, but do you know if the popover will make a return next year and, if so, in what fabrics?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SOLD - that was quick, and I'm very glad it's going to get the wear it deserves.

@sehkelly - apologies for plugging my wares here, and do let me know if you're not cool with it, I would understand.

It's probably the furthest thing from your mind at the moment, but do you know if the popover will make a return next year and, if so, in what fabrics?

It might return in the spring in linen or very lightweight corduroy or cotton.

Probably at least six months, to be honest, and no firm plans at all at this stage.

It is part of our collection for our Japan showroom, though, come to think of it, so we end up making some for Japan in January or February, we might make a few for the workshop / website, too.

IrIr

Reaction score

Damn that was quick, I was def interested in that one!

rahcola

Reaction score
Speaking of quick, barely had a chance to see the melton field trousers in XS before they were all gone. Any chance Paul that there be more of those later?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads