• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That green is amazing. If I didn’t already have a brown version from last year I’d be very tempted. I’m always in favour of more forest green, it’s one of my favourite colours. I think many times when outerwear is made in green they go for a shade of a sort of military green, which I often feel is a shame when green can be such a marvellous colour!

Couldn't agree more.

We stayed away from green for the best part of a decade — not sure why, in hindsight — but are now fully paid-up members of the green party.

Glad you like it. Cheers.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I think about 99% of the available spectrum!
I suppose you do have a definite palette of browns, blacks, navy, greys, and other neutral shades (with now the addition of greens).
I can’t quite imagine what you’d do with purple or turquoise or something like that. Can’t imagine that’ll happen though. It’s good that you know what your style is.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I suppose you do have a definite palette of browns, blacks, navy, greys, and other neutral shades (with now the addition of greens).
I can’t quite imagine what you’d do with purple or turquoise or something like that. Can’t imagine that’ll happen though. It’s good that you know what your style is.

I think that's true.

We have our narrow little lane and we stick to it. We are very particular about the shades within that lane, so it has to be just the right grey or navy or green, and the prospect of red or purple doesn't fill me with any glee or curiosity. Never say never, but we're creatures of habit and are probably becoming more so over time!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul, could you please give us a timeline for the expected releaese times for the knitwear?

We're working through it now.

The shawl cardigan (below) is nearly finished — they're all knitted, and are at various stages of linking — and right behind it are the gansey, boatneck, a second colour of crewneck, and the new scarves and watch caps.

Throughout October they will steadily appear on the website.

shawl-grey-2s@2x.jpg
shawl-grey-3s@2x.jpg
shawl-grey-5s@2x.jpg
shawl-grey-6s@2x.jpg
shawl-grey-8s@2x.jpg
shawl-grey-88s@2x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads