• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thank you for the reply. Do you offer mtm/mto for your overcoat models?

Sorry, no.

Not very constructive today, sorry, I know!

In slightly better news, it has just occurred to me, as I type this out, that we do have XXL in the two coats heading up http://sehkelly.com/balmacaan. They are not listed on the website, so if you might be interested, please by all means drop me a line.

Last edited:

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no.

Not very constructive today, sorry, I know!

In slightly better news, it has just occurred to me, as I type this out, that we do have XXL in the two coats heading up http://sehkelly.com/balmacaan. They are not listed on the website, so if you might be interested, please by all means drop me a line.

thank you I appreciate the feedback. I’ll shoot you an email.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is definitely due to, yes ... but due could easily become overdue if we don't find a place for it in the range after the summer. We have a fair few other jackets in development (either with patterns being cut, or just ideas coming together) which would occupy similar turf to the donkey, you see.

But it is certainly a top contender for a reappearance after the summer.

I wear mine every day (the one below) and it just about ticks every box for medium-pace casual city lifestyle!

donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-tobacco-worn-3@2x.jpeg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Herdwick is so good.

View attachment 1747403

There's nothing quite like it!

Thanks for posting. It looks exactly as hoped (although I do wish to reach into the screen and tighten the belt to one notch below "suffocate").

A great companion to the trench coat (or vice-versa) is The Shepherd's Life by James Rebanks -- the author / farmer from whose flock the yarn for the cloth came.

We hope to use the cloth again next year for something or other.

The waistcoat, too (https://sehkelly.com/waistcoat) -- we had more of these than I thought, so added some stock to the website earlier today.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
It is definitely due to, yes ... but due could easily become overdue if we don't find a place for it in the range after the summer. We have a fair few other jackets in development (either with patterns being cut, or just ideas coming together) which would occupy similar turf to the donkey, you see.

But it is certainly a top contender for a reappearance after the summer.

I wear mine every day (the one below) and it just about ticks every box for medium-pace casual city lifestyle!

View attachment 1744918
Any idea, if I’d did return what colours it might return in? Must say that brown is excellent.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any idea, if I’d did return what colours it might return in? Must say that brown is excellent.

Probably not brown, in truth, sorry, but rather black and possibly dark navy.

It's not set in stone yet, though.

Being a two-tone affair, it is tricky to source cloth, because you need a very good cotton and a very good woollen AND they need to be the same colour.

The brown colourway will return in other coats, however. We are thinking about a hunting coat which would also be two-tone, so ...

S1722

Reaction score
Paul - will the long sleeve polo shirts be making a reappearance this year (and, if so, in what material)? Love the short sleeved cotton one I bought a while back - but keen to get a LS wool or cashmere one, in a dark navy or gray.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul - will the long sleeve polo shirts be making a reappearance this year (and, if so, in what material)? Love the short sleeved cotton one I bought a while back - but keen to get a LS wool or cashmere one, in a dark navy or gray.

The polo shirt almost certainly will make a return this year, although I don't know yet whether that will be for spring (in cotton or linen-cotton) or autumn (most likely in geelong lambswool, although we are thinking about mixing some cotton or linen in with that, for a change).

We haven't made the long-sleeve version in cotton before, so I am keen to see how that one turns out (we are making some samples at the moment).

We're also playing around with the collar and working on a version with a little collar-stand, so there's a bit more structure. Not sure if that will work or not, or indeed whether it is desirable or not: I like the soft and unstructured nature of our polo shirt, and wouldn't want too high or smart a collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads