• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL vs. W+H Boots: SHOWDOWN

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.selectism.com/news/2009/0...ot/#more-19695

ACL comes through with a exclusive look at the new RRL Bowery Boot. "Through my thorough detective work I got my hands on photos of a limited edition pair of bench-made leather boots. As one would expect from RRL, all of the bona fides are present and accounted for. Made in the USA from Horween leather with vintage deadstock Cat Paw heels. The super small quantity (multiple dozens) will be available mid to late August at RRL stores for $750. Rumor is each shop will get a few pairs and that is it.."

More views of the RRL Bowery Boot after the jump.

rrl-bowery-boot-01.jpg

rrl-bowery-boot-02.jpg

rrl-bowery-boot-03.jpg

rrl-bowery-boot-04.jpg

is this better than everyones favorite w+h work boot?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
totally different styles

I agree. And I like the W+H style better myself.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And already on the RRL thread...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
While i can kind of understand why you'd start this threak, it is, no offense, pretty dumb. How many of you have actually seen this boot in person let alone tried it on? It's like asking which pizza is better and having people judge with pictures.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look nice but so does the W&H

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A+++ would read again.

One star status for the new xeno.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol fine i didnt see it in the rrl thread sorry.. you hafta admit it does look nicer than w+h. polo is my new favorite brand and i am making it my mission to show you guys that barneys coop aint the only place where you can buy style.

umustbkidng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
lol fine i didnt see it in the rrl thread sorry.. you hafta admit it does look nicer than w+h. polo is my new favorite brand and i am making it my mission to show you guys that barneys coop aint the only place where you can buy style.

are you serious ? ...,if so,see username,ok

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
While i can kind of understand why you'd start this threak, it is, no offense, pretty dumb. How many of you have actually seen this boot in person let alone tried it on? It's like asking which pizza is better and having people judge with pictures.

uh i bet most people havent seen/tried on the w+h boot in person... but you can still say it looks better than a red wing or soemthing...?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the RRL and the W+H boots are totally different.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
btw those look almost exactly like RW iron rangers

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like w+h style and leather way more though, at least compared to those pics of the rrl's, but then who knows irl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads