• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made Julian Bowery Boots - Similar To RRL - 9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver-rain

Reaction score

CUSTOM MADE JULIAN IMRIE BOWERY BOOTS IN SCOTCH GRAIN LEATHER.

These boots are simply amazing. Hand made by Julian Boots. They have been worn one time it shows. They are made of a beautiful thick scotch grain leather leather. These are extremely comfortable. The attention to detail and workmanship show on these. These are life time boots. Personally I feel they lend them self to be dressed up or down. They look equally good with a suit or a pair of jeans.
These are very similar to the style that David Beckman wore by Julian. Also similar to the limited run they did for Ralph Lauren.
These are not off the shelf boots they are hand made with care. Things that set these apart.
• These have brown Vibram sole (I have not seen another pair like this).
• Vintage Cat paw Heels
• Thick scotch grain leather leather(not something you see every day)
These are a mens size 9.5 us and I would say they run true to size. Please refer to the picture I took of the measurements.
I can't believe I am selling these. I never thought I would. But I need the money for something else at the moment. I am offering them here first. Your interested send me a offer. Or lets talk. Please ask any questions. These are sold as is. But trust me you will love them.
If you not familiar with Julian Imrie and his boots look him up. He makes handmade boots using quality leathers, unique styling and custom design work, in Los Angeles, California.
Try to phone the British-born bootmaker Julian Imrie and you’ll probably get his voice mail, which begins: ‘‘I’m in the jungle right now.’’ Actually, on a recent weekday, Imrie, 39, was aboard a sailboat anchored somewhere in the French West Indies, when he was prompted, via e-mail, to recount his life thus far — a life that has been so peripatetic, romantic and unlikely that it’s almost obnoxious. Imrie quit college to assist Bruce Weber, went on to work on a horse farm in Montauk, N.Y., then moved to Amish country, where he salvaged crumbling barns. He spent a year studying the New Testament (in Greek). Then he biked from Los Angeles, his current home base, to Brazil. At one point, he decided to start Julian Boots, his stylish take on 19th-century footwear, but first he learned how to make molds in the English Midlands and to tan leather in a 250-year-old Swiss factory. Now he’s an amateur boot historian, able to slip easily into a disquisition on what a 19th-century Cornish miner might wear. What his boots share with their fuss-free forebears, Imrie says, is that ‘‘you can use them in your garden and then rub them off and go to a wedding.’’

These are more then just a pair of boots.. they are work of art.

Attachments

• IMG_7534.JPG
    IMG_7534.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 505
  • IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 509
  • IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 486
  • IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG
    946.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_7544.JPG
    IMG_7544.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 666
  • IMG_7546.JPG
    IMG_7546.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 530
  • IMG_7548.JPG
    IMG_7548.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 517
  • IMG_7550.JPG
    IMG_7550.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,285
  • IMG_7556.JPG
    IMG_7556.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,299
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads