• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Road trip to Portland, Or. what are some good shops to visit

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portland general store i would imagine.

Stumptowns free daily cupping is a cool experience, i stand by that. As for over roasting, I am not sure what you are talking about. Their Kenyan nuguru and Ethiopian yirfacheffe are both just fine. I am not an espresso drinker, i prefer regular coffee. But my suggestion was for the cupping.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Portland Outdoor Store for an "authentic" look at what "heritage brands" are all about. They stock pendleton, filson, barbour, etc., and have an insane selection of cowboy boots/hats.

Otherwise, the greatness of Pok Pok (esp. "Ike's Vietnamese Wings") cannot be understated. Cocktails at Central, The Alibi on N. Interstate (which, if you can handle the nightly karaoke jams, is an amazing untouched tiki bar circa the 40's), Beast if you can get in and eat meat, Ned Ludd on MLK for the quintessential Portland dining experience.

Other notables: Le Pigeon, Nostrana (great happy hour), Ken's Artisan Pizza (and bakery in NW), Bunk Sandwiches, and the Danner Factory store out by the airport.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis

Stumptowns free daily cupping is a cool experience, i stand by that. As for over roasting, I am not sure what you are talking about. Their Kenyan nuguru and Ethiopian yirfacheffe are both just fine. I am not an espresso drinker, i prefer regular coffee. But my suggestion was for the cupping.

I think Portland General Store is in the other Portland.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanuki izakaya for next level japenese bar food with some fun twists.
Tokyo punk rock and anime on the bigscreen, this place is awesome.

blklblk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
600 sq ft and located next to our new Tanner Goods shop which will be next to the new Dunderdon flagship on SW 13th and Burnisde.

We all open this Summer. Details forthcoming...

PDX comin up. Don't sleep.

what up mikey!

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis

Stumptowns free daily cupping is a cool experience, i stand by that.

How can you enjoy the coffee with all the unbathed, sweaty, beardo (including the girls) bike "messengers" milling around? Serious question. Every time I walked/biked past I was assaulted with BO.

pdsf

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like Portland is a fun place to be.

I am moving to Eugene for my new job soon. I know it's not Portland but do you guys know it and are there any cool places (clothes, coffee, food, anything...) you can recommend? I don't know anyone in town... Thanks in advance!

mrpoizun

Reaction score
Can't believe no one's mentioned Wesco boots in Scapoose, just a half-hour north of Portland. Might not want to go there if you're not into $400 and up engineer and other style all American boots.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to le pigeon last night. Sitting at the bar is where its at, talking to the chef as he cooks your dinner is a nice experience.

Found a great townhouse in NE and moving next week.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Went to le pigeon last night. Sitting at the bar is where its at, talking to the chef as he cooks your dinner is a nice experience.

Found a great townhouse in NE and moving next week.

how could i forget reco for Little Bird Bistro. Its owned by the Le Pidgeon people. They serve the burgers and more than 5 per night!

They impale it with a Laguiole knife too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads